Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Coronavirus could delay MSFS

North of Italy is already in quarantine and there is no border check between France and Italy. A couple of weeks from now south France could be infected that means asobo studio in Bordeaux

Bad news

• Like 1

We also have that strange shadow on Beltegeuse. Who knows what can happen if it goes supernova ? 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

One of the way to fight against pandemic disease is to prevent panic and stop spreading fear

• Like 12
  • Upvote 11

Artur 

Hello all,

I was just thinking that a bout of Flu at the wrong time could delay my purchase of MSFS too.

I am gunna isolate mine good self ... not talk to any one (includes mobile and handphone conversations. Not eatin either, in case of contamination, and locking the bedroom door to keep the pesky infection risk (aka "the wife") from getting her roaming hands on me. 

If anyone else can think of further precautions, we should be taking, I think this is the forum to sort em out and share them.

Thank God for the free MSFS publicity this will generate.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

6 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

One of the way to fight against pandemic disease is to prevent panic and stop spreading fear

Yeah, but that would be boring.

I'm not sure there is anything more entertaining than getting the great unwashed to panic about this years seasonal flu outbreak. Its not quite to the comic standard of the radio version of "war of the worlds". But its close.

As long as Asobo keeps the TV switched off I'm sure they'll be fine, and anyway, they are based in France, must be a national holiday for the next few months there by now anyway.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Was this topic necessary?

To put things into perspective, Italy is detecting more cases now because of the high number of lab tests done. France have done around 300 lab tests for Coronavirus, Italy have done over 3000 tests. The more you look for it, the more you'll find it. Especially since the majority of those infected with it have symptoms similar to the normal influenza.

No reason to panic considering the low numbers of infected so far in Europe.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Upvote 7

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

37 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Yeah, but that would be boring.

I'm not sure there is anything more entertaining than getting the great unwashed to panic about this years seasonal flu outbreak. Its not quite to the comic standard of the radio version of "war of the worlds". But its close.

As long as Asobo keeps the TV switched off I'm sure they'll be fine, and anyway, they are based in France, must be a national holiday for the next few months there by now anyway.

Coronavirus is much more dangerous than the flu. The flu has 0.02% fatality rate, coronavirus has at least 2%. There are several reports of young healthy people dying. Plus it is has an incubation period of more than 2 weeks. Don't underestimate this thing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cepact said:

The flu has 0.02% fatality rate

influenza is 2% in healthy adults and over 60% in the over 70s. (often wipes out entire old peoples homes)

If you want to see how many people die of it, open your local mortality statistics and see where "pneumonia" is in the list, which is how such deaths are recorded.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Conspiracy Theorys:

Caused by Governments to wipe out the old and frail and reduce healthcare costs
Caused by Extinction Rebellion - to save the earth
Caused by Microsoft - to stop people speculating about MSFS

• Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

+1 for number 3

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I like facts or heavily researched information from agencies like the US Center for Disease Control -  https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm.  We are looking at between 16000 to 41000 deaths so far just here in the USA. Full illnesses are estimated to be from 29-41 million (with an M). We have flu viruses that are unknown or have no effectiveness to a particular strain.  So the Coronavirus, a flu without a known cure, is nothing in comparison to what the USA is going through. We don't go around wearing white suits to protect medical personnel too in most cases. Wish we could have a name for an unknown flu strain too but we don't do it for some reason.

It is difficult to track the exact number of deaths because there is currently no method to accomplish this detail.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is a very interesting topic, I also thought about it, coronavirus become a pandemia it will affect millions but it will definetly delay the release of MFS or even cancel it and that really concerns me.

Nine people in my city currently have the virus, and basically the whole city is now semi paralyzed.

Local businesses are suffering because people are afraid to go out.  They even shutdown my kids school to try to contain the thing.

I don't know how this virus is being reported in the States or the UK... but trust me don't underestimate the psychological and economic impact of this virus.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, byork said:

but trust me don't underestimate the psychological and economic impact of this virus.

Not the virus.

The propaganda/news reporting on the virus.

If the virus actually mattered it wouldn't have anywhere near the comedy value it does, and because of the desire of 

55 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Governments to wipe out the old and frail and reduce healthcare costs

They wouldn't be reporting on it at all. (its the unsecured pensions that are the problem tho, rather than the healthcare costs)

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer