Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Coronavirus could delay MSFS

2 hours ago, byork said:

They're programmers... they can work remotely from home 🙂

Even if there's an Italian zombie herd streaming across the French border, we're still gonna expect our updates on time 🙂

Pas d'excuses!!!

They are working on a huge title, things cant be done from home, everything is withing Asobo and MS under stritct protections.

3 hours ago, cepact said:

North of Italy is already in quarantine and there is no border check between France and Italy. A couple of weeks from now south France could be infected that means asobo studio in Bordeaux

Bad news

Good to know, but if I receive an invitation with all expenses covered yo visit Asobo studios in France I won't hesitate to go right away!. Life continues and we all should move on.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, domkle said:

We also have that strange shadow on Beltegeuse. Who knows what can happen if it goes supernova ? 

The latest observations show it's brightening again: " Call off the supernova alert " according to spaceweather.com

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Well, I don't know where some of you are getting information about CoVID-19? Because it is "nothing" like the flu and could be the gravest threat the World has faced since the Spanish Flu pandemic in 1919. Even if you believe the numbers quoted by the CPC (which very few do). This British Doctor, John Campbell, gives a very balanced view on this and even he is very concerned. Do not take this lightly!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

This British Doctor, John Campbell

I'm not saying he's wrong, but do consider that this guy is not, in fact, a doctor but a nurse. There is no evidence (at least via the Internet) that he has a PhD let alone an MD. So to call himself a "doctor" would at face value appear to be a lie, bringing his authority into some question. He's unaffiliated (doesn't appear to be at the Uni of Cumbria any more. A quite low ranked institution in the UK in any case) and self-serving in that he appears to run his own business teaching on health matters, which brings into question conflict of interest (does "click-bait" ring a bell?). Not the best appeal to authority argument.

As I said above, he might be right or wrong but I point out the above out of professional interest in promoting scientific literacy with the general public. When one is trying to form an opinion based on information only obtained from the Internet it is becoming increasingly difficult by the day to evaluate the sources of information because there is so much disinformation and outright intentional misleading out there. For something that is extremely complex, deep and sophisticated (epidemiology and viral evolution), it's quite a challenge for the general public to get a reasoned and balanced view. Even something that looks balanced can be quite wrong. It really is best to rely on dedicated professional organisations and institutions such as the CDC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bottle said:

It really is best to rely on dedicated professional organisations and institutions 

Did Froggle say anything about the Coronavirus  yet ? 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

31 minutes ago, domkle said:

Did Froggle say anything about the Coronavirus yet ? 

Not unless it's evolved wings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, domkle said:

We also have that strange shadow on Beltegeuse. Who knows what can happen if it goes supernova ? 

🙂 I know you are kidding but two facts. It's too far away to impact us if it does go nova. 2. It's just been reported that it's no longer dimming. 

• Like 1

Now I'm worried about everything. Any number of things could cause my death between now and when MSFS is released leading to me never actually experiencing it myself. What am I going to do?

Edited by Avidean

2 minutes ago, Avidean said:

What am I going to do?

Life's a crapshoot! :laugh:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Now I'm worried about everything any number of things could cause my death between now and when MSFS is released leading to me never actually experiencing it myself. What am I going to do?

Any good lawyer can draw up a paragraph in your will to make sure you're buried with a hard copy of the sim. I'd do it for a fiver, but would probably call it MSFS2020 and some numpty will say "there is no such product", in which case all your worst fears will be realised.

I think you're screwed.

• Like 2

Apparently one of the first signs of being infected with COVID-19 is showing signs of delusion.😏

Edited by eaim
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

7 hours ago, cepact said:

Coronavirus is much more dangerous than the flu. The flu has 0.02% fatality rate, coronavirus has at least 2%. There are several reports of young healthy people dying. Plus it is has an incubation period of more than 2 weeks. Don't underestimate this thing.

This is exactly how misinformation gets spread. There is some much wrong with this statement.

First of all, elderly, young and people with underlying health issues are more susceptible than the healthy population.

Second, your country‘s healthcare infrastructure and availability will greatly determine the mortality.

Third, I do not know the exact statistics, but I would surmise that at least 90% of the deaths are in China, where people live in close proximity, the healthcare system could easily be overwhelmed due to the shear volume of people.

Fourth, SARS and MERS have a higher mortality than COVID-19. You’re more likely to perish in a automobile accident than die of this virus. 

Remember, the News is in the business of selling headlines for advertising dollars. Unless a doctor or virologist comes out and says the human race is doomed and we will never see MSFS as a result of the impending apocalypse, then it’s really just fear mongering.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock