Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Coronavirus could delay MSFS

4 hours ago, aleex said:

Things are getting worse here in Spain, today has been announced the state of alarm, which will traduce in closing non essential things and probably a limitation on the movements (Maybe some kind of quarantine, we don’t know yet). 

So if I don’t get invited to the next week alpha wave, I think I’m going to become crazy at home (hope not to get illness). 

Indeed. Here things are starting to look really gloomy. Just one month ago, maybe less, If you had told me that some cities pretty close to mine were going to be lockdown (mine in a few more days), malls, restaurants, etc... closed, I would have laughed at you as if you had a bad trip or something. But now is real, and I find pretty hard to focus on positive things, while people are starting to act paranoid (me included) and a bit nervous since I´ll have to spend the lockdown alone cause my girlfriend is taking care of her mum (a very very old woman) in a different city.

I just watched a couple of videos of people in Italy singing together from their locked homes and balconies while the streets were completely deserted. I admire you so much guys, my thoughts are with you and all the people no matter the country that one way or another are suffering in these hard times.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 4

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Bill Gates steps down from Microsoft Board so if MSFS is Delayed don't blame him 😂.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, chass32 said:

Indeed. Here things are starting to look really gloomy. Just one month ago, maybe less, If you had told me that some cities pretty close to mine were going to be lockdown (mine in a few more days), malls, restaurants, etc... closed, I would have laughed at you as if you had a bad trip or something. But now is real, and I find pretty hard to focus on positive things, while people are starting to act paranoid (me included) and a bit nervous since I´ll have to spend the lockdown alone cause my girlfriend is taking care of her mum (a very very old woman) in a different city.

I just watched a couple of videos of people in Italy singing together from their locked homes and balconies while the streets were completely deserted. I admire you so much guys, my thoughts are with you and all the people no matter the country that one way or another are suffering in these hard times.

Cheers

Carlos

Be careful but don't panic. Stay at home and limit any outside activity to only the strictly necessary ones and keep them as short as possible. Grocery stores and critical activities will keep operating, no need to worry about not having food or basic necessities. Just isolate yourself as much as possible.

And keep yourself entertained somehow, we haven't even been quarantined for a week yet but my friends are already complaining about boredom!

Edited by nikita
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Bill Gates steps down from Microsoft Board so if MSFS is Delayed don't blame him 😂.

Bill Gates was always a big fan of Flight Simulator from what I gather.

Aside from adding to our "cool" mystic 😜, I wonder if he had any influence in getting Microsoft to bring the series back...

Since we're going into lockdown and isolation would MS at this point even consider early access even at full price with one c172

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

38 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Since we're going into lockdown and isolation would MS at this point even consider early access even at full price with one c172

I would be pretty upset if they did this.  It basically would mean pay to give feedback.  I know you are thinking of pay to play, but the Alpha is there for feedback.  And I know I wish I had a more direct voice to the devs.  But paying to give feedback just seems wrong by itself.  But it also means the people that can't take a financial risk on a unfinished sim, can't give feedback.

Edited by GlideBy

Or make it a open Alpha and put it on preorder. I would preorder it instand

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nikita said:

Be careful but don't panic. Stay at home and limit any outside activity to only the strictly necessary ones and keep them as short as possible. Grocery stores and critical activities will keep operating, no need to worry about not having food or basic necessities. Just isolate yourself as much as possible.

And keep yourself entertained somehow, we haven't even been quarantined for a week yet but my friends are already complaining about boredom!

Having a large garden to maintain helps (my garden is very special, it grows larger by itself with every year passing). Make your own bread monitoring your leaven grow. Play games. Be nice with your lady of heart. Listen to kids out of school playing in the garden near you.

But DO NOT watch television. There is a hoax running amok about people dying of a new disease. 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, nikita said:

Good post.

Most people have nothing to worry about, unless they are old and have some serious medical history. But we should still reduce our social life to a minimum to protect those at risk!

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

52 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Good post.

Most people have nothing to worry about, unless they are old and have some serious medical history. But we should still reduce our social life to a minimum to protect those at risk!

Don't go too fast in making generalizations. 

This is a quote from the WHO Q&A  :

While we are still learning about how COVID-2019 affects people, older persons and persons with pre-existing medical conditions (such as high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease, cancer or diabetes)  appear to develop serious illness more often than others.

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

Underlining is mine. The infected population is still too low in numbers to infer definitive conclusions. Lets also keep in mind that two of the most affected countries are not exactly transparent (China, Iran).

Older people are more at risk to develop a serious case (and die) but younger people are at risk too. In a hospital close to where one of my sons works (he is a MD), they see more and more young people. Their survival rate might be brighter than mine but at that stage everybody has to take seriously the health services advices.  

Again, keep also in mind that the saturation of ICU units will mechanically  diminish the odds of surviving life threatening illness/accidents.

All this is not  about protecting old geezers, this is about protecting everybody.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, GlideBy said:

I would be pretty upset if they did this.  It basically would mean pay to give feedback.  I know you are thinking of pay to play, but the Alpha is there for feedback.  And I know I wish I had a more direct voice to the devs.  But paying to give feedback just seems wrong by itself.  But it also means the people that can't take a financial risk on a unfinished sim, can't give feedback.

I suspect MONEY had something to do with it, remember they lost interest in flight simulator and the ACES lost jobs, now they want to launch a new XBOX and outsell PS5 if they can, if it could not go on the new XBOX I don't think Phil would have brought it back.

Raymond Fry.

56 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Good post.

Most people had nothing to worry about in 2009 as it was children dying and not adults, but doing nothing was not an option thousands died and will never become a flight simulator fan. 

Raymond Fry.

2 hours ago, domkle said:

Don't go too fast in making generalizations.

We are close to Italy here, so that's what I hear most about. The most deaths I read about are people >65. It might be too early to draw definite conclusions, but my common sense tells me that idea sounds about right.

Sure, there will be younger people who die from the virus. There are also 40 year olds who die from a heart attack. But I think there is a tendency.

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

Most people had nothing to worry about in 2009 as it was children dying and not adults, but doing nothing was not an option thousands died and will never become a flight simulator fan. 

I totally agree. That's also what I said. Don't panic, but reduce your social life for a few weeks! It would be nice to have basic empathy at least!

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I think we can change the Topic from "could delay" to "will delay for sure".

other than being afraid getting infected, people are already thinking about losing their jobs.
Everybody stays at home (which is good), nobody buys anything except food anymore.
I am sure Asobo is also affected by all this, employees have families too.

Everything is on halt here, and we are just at the beginning.

• Like 1

I believe we will not see MSFS now until 2021.

• Upvote 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit