Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

(Current) Opinions/Experiences on FeelThere`s EJetsV3?

What are current thoughts on FeelThere's new EJets? They seem quite expensive, even with the discount applied. Any major bugs that prevent basic flight operation?

What is the format of the flight plans? Can externally generated flight plans - e.g. SimBrief - be loaded into the FMC?

Do the new EJets signal a comeback of FeelThere?

Edit: They seem to have recycled the old FS manual for the new jets.

Edited by Ricardo41

The reason they seem a bit pricey even with an upgrade discount applied, is that although a lot of people might perceive them as being an updated version of the older one, in fact FeelThere essentially started from scratch all over again when they made the V3 versions, so you can't really blame them for wanting to recoup the cost of that development work and in fact I am of the opinion that it is fairly generous of them to offer any discount at all given that is the reality of what the product is, i.e. not so much an upgrade as a new product.

Granted, the research part of the development of the earlier versions would still be of use for creating their most recent iteration, but all of the other work involved in terms of graphics, modeling and programming is essentially all new. Of course since it is a new stab at the same aeroplane they've had a go at before, it makes sense not to re-invent the wheel by doing a manual for it which they've already produced for the former version, since it is for the same aeroplane, so that's why the manual is 'recycled'. 

As far as it signalling a 'comeback' for FeelThere, that depends on whether you think they ever went away. That I suppose is not helped by the confusion of FeelThere having historically been tied in with Wilco and Aeroplane Heaven on occasions in a rather confusing manner, not to mention all that overpriced McPhat malarkey as well. Some of those outings have been less than stellar as everyone knows, but having said that, it's sometimes easy to forget how much of a well respected product their old 737 was among flight simmers, so there is little doubt that they can turn it on when they want to.

What I will say is that even their older Embraer 145 and 135 jets are fairly solid products, albeit with the odd lighting issue when shoehorned into P3D V4, which itself is not really a show stopper as long as one is prepared to accept some workarounds (i.e turning off dynamic lighting at night to avoid extreme cockpit glare and the fact that its weather radar doesn't function in P3D), because that aside, they are decent simulated aeroplanes with a lot of systems realism, so there's no real reason to doubt that newer versions of their products which up the ante in terms of graphics, features and full compatibility with all the display whistles and bells which P3D offers, are not worth having and if they made a souped up E145 in the same fashion as they have with those bigger jets, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I do know that their update P3D V4 E145 will cheerfully accept P3D flight plans into the FMC even though the FMC itself is very detailed in terms of functionality and replication of the real thing and because of that, I happily fly it from time to time in P3D. I'd put it on par with Aerosoft's CRJ in most respects, since they are fairly similar aeroplane types.

In the end, I suppose it depends on how badly you want a shiny new version of the Embraer 170-195, because if you do, then 50 bucks is not a bad price for something which is erring on the side of being a study sim. Personally, I am not a fan of the E170-195 aeroplanes (but that's only because I have to work on the real things and they are horrible to work on, so you can basically ignore that opinion), whereas I also have to work on the E145 and I quite like those, which is why I bought that FSX/P3D one from Wilco even though it is basically shoehorned into P3D.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just looking at all the issues in the forum and the fact that they haven’t released a patch in two months makes it clear this is a dev worth avoiding. 

I haven’t bought it yet, based on the volume of issues noted on the forums.  For an product that will be >$100 for all variants I need there to be far fewer issues before I plunk that money down.

The good thing is that they seem to building a massive service pack that will hopefully address most of the concerns.  I’m waiting on that to make a purchase.

I’d suggest poking around their forums, including the post that indicates what the service pack will include.  There are also a number of third party videos on YouTube showing the plane in action that can give you a sense of current state.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Like Chuck I am still a fan of the original 145/175s from FT. I will be purchasing the latest version of the 175/195 soon because the older version is still a compromise as a port over from FSX. I will not be purchasing the 145 because my AS CRJ is too much of an overlap and i am very happy with the latest version.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I'll be waiting for that service pack, assuming it sees the light of day in 2020. Then I'll reevaluate. I owned their stuff in FS9, and it was quite good. The service pack was announced in 12/2019 - and now we're heading into March. Pretty poor, if you ask me. If you charge premium prices, you need to provide premium service. 

Then again, FeelThere is probably just taking a page from other develeopers' playbooks. 

Do you get better frames from the FT 170-195 than the AS CRJ Pro?
I have an old computer and I used to fly the original 135/145 on FSX years ago and at that time is was a great airplane.

Ciao!

I've been using the original E195 version in a fully functioning home cockpit, with P3D v3, for a number of years. I am interested in the new version, to see if it will allow me to update to P3D 4.5.

Consequently I've followed the FeelThere Ejets v3 forum closely, and formed a view on the quality of many of the comments posted. At a quick glance it gives a false impression.  It's obvious many posters have not bothered to read previous comments and responses, before adding their own post. Many issues have been dealt with by a very full  FAQ post from FeelThere on 31 December.

In the 6 pages on the new development, there are a few significant and substantiated faults. However these are often being raised, over and over, long after they have been acknowledged by FeelThere. It's also notable that FeelThere have responded promptly, in almost every case, usually asking if, and how, the issue can be replicated. But In many instances, the complainants have failed to provide all the information requested.

It must be very frustrating for any developer, when users are quick to claim a software fault, but are not prepared to assist with further information.  It also appears some of the claimed faults,  only seem to apply to single installations, and we all know how many variables there are between our various setups. A further issue has been that users do not study the manual. They seem to assume that the Ejets are like 737s or whatever, and try to use methods which they think should work, whereas the E jets are actually quite sophisticated and highly automated. And this is reflected very well in the simulation.

I hope the v3 Ejets can be sorted soon, and look forward to being able to update my cockpit software.

• Upvote 1

John B

Most if not all the faults with the E-Jets are the same ones as the FSX version a decade ago, imo. Perhaps they are willing to fix them now? Seems to me all FT really did was updated the graphics. But then, I know nothing.

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

Most if not all the faults with the E-Jets are the same ones as the FSX version a decade ago, imo. Perhaps they are willing to fix them now? Seems to me all FT really did was updated the graphics. But then, I know nothing.

What particular faults did you have in mind.  I believe there were some issues with the original V1 E170 and E190, but Ejets v2 has worked pretty much as it should. On the FT website most comments seem to be about differences from the previous version. Of course both versions are subject to the constraints imposed by FSX and P3D. To get around those involves working outside the box, as PMDG and FSL achieve, but at much greater costs.

John B

I only got the 170/190(both v2 and v3), so far is no

while  some says the 175 are pretty good 170/190 is buggy and the basic flight dynamic is very off figure. they said they have E175 pilot on borad, so I guess that's the problem then.....

Even the v2 version, E190 is nothing but a heavier E170 regading the flight dynamic, that puts things like trim and LRC mach etc. way of figure....

But, they claime they are working on it with SP1, hope it will get better.

Avionics wise, it's in the QW787-AS320 range.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU