Sign in to follow this  
Fearless

MFD still active

Hi all,

After setting the DA42 to Cold and dark after a flight, The MFD is still active.

Is that the norm?

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

3 hours ago, Fearless said:

After setting the DA42 to Cold and dark after a flight, The MFD is still active.

Is that the norm?

No it's not. Are you shutting down the DA42 manually to achieve the cold and dark state?

9 hours ago, FDEdev said:

No it's not. Are you shutting down the DA42 manually to achieve the cold and dark state?

I've shut it down manually as well as tried with the Cold and Dark option provided. Both methods keep the MFD active.

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Well, it turned off this time applying manual shut down procedures by turning off the alternator switches and than the av master switch.

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Hmm.. I spoke too soon. It still happens not all the time though.  I also noticed that at the start of the flight I turned the cabin lights on and the lights showed but the lights showed as off even though I had them on prior to shutdown.  This only happens when the issue of the MFD is active after complete cold and dark shutdown..

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

When using the menus I've noticed that the results can be very inconsistent with some switches not being recognized and their action being reversed, especially when using them during normal ops. Only reloading helps in this case.

Once upon a time, when I used FSX and I had installed traffic collected from a large number of free models, sometimes it happened that when I turn off all the avionics and batteries, a complete shutdown did not occur.

Later it turned out that one of the options in the aircraft.cfg file of many traffic models makes the power supply always on. When such an aircraft is located close to the aircraft that we use for fly, it may affect our aircraft and the power supply may not turn off. I've never noticed this in P3D. But just in case such a problem is noticed, you can try to disable all traffic and see if the problem disappears or not.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

13 hours ago, Nickbe said:

Once upon a time, when I used FSX and I had installed traffic collected from a large number of free models, sometimes it happened that when I turn off all the avionics and batteries, a complete shutdown did not occur.

Later it turned out that one of the options in the aircraft.cfg file of many traffic models makes the power supply always on. When such an aircraft is located close to the aircraft that we use for fly, it may affect our aircraft and the power supply may not turn off. I've never noticed this in P3D. But just in case such a problem is noticed, you can try to disable all traffic and see if the problem disappears or not.

Ah, thanks for that Nickbe.  

I haven't come across this issue with any of my other add-on aircraft I have flown. Only with the Alabeo DA42.

• Like 1

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Not an Alabeo product, but I've had this happen occasionally after completing a flight and shutting down Sky Sim's MD-11 (FSX:SE) thanks from me too, Nickbe. It might be the reason, but I don't have much traffic going on, let alone any add-on traffic.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)