What feature enhancement do you most want for P3D v5  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What feature enhancement do you most want for P3D v5

• New Terrain model
    • New Graphics rendering engine
    • New atmospheric/weather engine
    • It doesn't matter anymore - I'm only waiting for MSFS

3 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I'm none of the above. I'm happy to embrace the two Mother Sims equally as and when they arrive.

That's right, people with silly remarks seem to forget we can all enjoy P3D, Xplane, DCS, you would think your having an out of marriage affair if you look and enjoy another sim for some people or look forward to a new one.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I suspect for at least half the life of V5 P3D will be my main sim.

Fair point.
I *know* that it won't be for me, but if v5 is a good sim and compatible in some respects to my v4 stuff, I'll very likely run it as well as MSFS.
No-one said I have to limit myself to just one sim (though the wife might have something to say about that! 😅)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Your right Erich is was 2 year after release before we could enjoy it, but you have to remember PC clock speeds at that time were doubling every year. CPU clock speed have almost come to a halt. I Run P3D on a 5 year old PC well. let's remember P3D is FSX with bells on. Well the "new" FSX is coming and this time its a totally different world with your option 1-3 all in it plus countless more upgrades.

Well I certainly hope so.  Otherwise there are going to be tears, tantrums and tiaras all over simmy world.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Well I certainly hope so.  Otherwise there are going to be tears, tantrums and tiaras all over simmy world.

Well if it's bad we will all enjoy P3D v5. Simple. No idea why people go into a madness when people talk about another sim. I would never use P3D for a Mil jet fighter, DCS is breathtaking and most can see the point but talk about leaving P3D for MSFS and people are personally insulted, lol at them.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

49 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well if it bad we will all enjoy P3D v5. Simple. No idea why people go into a madness when people talk about another sim. I would never use P3D for a Mil jet fighter, DCS is breathtaking and most can see the point but talk about leaving P3D for MSFS and people personally insulted, lol at them.

I think being excited about a new sim is completely normal. 

But, I have revised my stance on MSFS for now and I'm more excited about P3D at this stage.  Regardless of anything else, it renews and updates my current sim which I enjoy hugely for at least another 2-4 years.

If MSFS blows my socks off and allows me to do what I love doing in my current sim, then that's a lottery win in my books.  But my expectations are low until I know more. 

Remember also that  no-body who is under the MS NDA can publicly say anything which contradicts the hype and fanfare.....

Edited by ErichB

Would be good to have time for them all. It's still up for grabs which sim will be the one to offer most serious functionality that satisfies the desire of the most serious flight sim guys.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

5 minutes ago, SteveW said:

It's still up for grabs which sim will be the one to offer most serious functionality that satisfies the desire of the most serious flight sim guys.

Well, there's the acid test.  After everyone gets bored of flying around the nice flowing hills and green grass (within a few weeks), will the sim offer a fully functional tubeliner experience?  That means allowing known developers to provide add-ons to do what they do best with the functionality that we are accustomed to. 

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What a silly reply

I would also call silly to believe MSFS will cure all problems that P3D have with an miracle graphic engine. ASOBO also put on their pants one leg at a time, i'm afraid the bottom of reality will hit hard on some.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I would also call silly to believe MSFS will cure all problems that P3D have with an miracle graphic engine. ASOBO also put on their pants one leg at a time, i'm afraid the bottom of reality will hit hard on some.

If you say so! and you first reply had nothing to do with what you say now. Just turning things around.

Why can you not look forward to see what its like, why do you have to be so negative to what could be the best thing that could happen to us all?

If its bad then what have you lost? nothing, what happens if its as good as it looks? you will be enjoying it just like the rest. 

Bash it all you like when it comes out, but until then I personally hope its a bright glowing future. A far cry from your outlook of bashing it and the developers as hard as you can before even giving it a chance. Sad.

Worse case is we all move onto P3Dv5 and whats wrong with that? nothing, IMO we are in a win win, its looks like we cannot lose this year so, I will sit back and enjoy the raid and see how it all pans out, without slating MSFS the developers and any other sim for that matter.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

Hello, 

Improved and more realistic ATC

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

18 hours ago, ErichB said:

Well, there's the acid test.  After everyone gets bored of flying around the nice flowing hills and green grass (within a few weeks),

... and the arid and colorful hills of Africa, the jungle ridges of PNG, the volcanoes of Kamtchaka, the river beds of Alaska,  the canyon strips of Idaho, the lagoons of Micronesia, the Andes high peaks, the Florida Keys and the Caribbean, the oases of Central Asia and so on and so forth...

Should take more than a couple of weeks to get bored 😁 !

I hope that v5 will also open this window to the world.

18 hours ago, ErichB said:

Remember also that  no-body who is under the MS NDA can publicly say anything which contradicts the hype and fanfare.....

The official alpha screenshots already show some flaws. Honestly, in my opinion. I wonder whether MS is not trying to crank down a little bit the hype. In anycase, we know more about FS20 than v5 😈!

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

40 minutes ago, domkle said:

... and the arid and colorful hills of Africa, the jungle ridges of PNG, the volcanoes of Kamtchaka, the river beds of Alaska,  the canyon strips of Idaho, the lagoons of Micronesia, the Andes high peaks, the Florida Keys and the Caribbean, the oases of Central Asia and so on and so forth...

fair point...:)

🤓 

“ A possible V5 is so secret that even LM doesn’t know if it exists or not ... “ 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

With regard to the inevitable discussions and comparisons related to how MSFS2020 is shaping up, I think it is as well to be aware that, as everyone probably knows for themselves, if in any flight sim you take a bunch of screenshots with the intention of posting them on here or anywhere else, you always weed out the not so great ones and post the stunners. This will be no less true for the shots we are seeing from MSFS 2020.

To some extent you can't really blame MS for doing this, because you can't convey the feel of an improved flight model or better air mass simulation (if indeed MSFS 2020 even has these) in a screenshot or even in a video, so the emphasis has had to be on eye candy, not least because we know that for many people, eye candy sells. But even cautiously considering the careful choices made of which shots to show and which shots to hold back, those screenshots do show there's little doubt the sim is a considerable leap forward in visuals.

Nevertheless, I remain to be yet convinced whether it will offer a similarly large leap in terms of the simulation of flight. And so whilst I obviously welcome the prospect of a new MS flight sim which might once again run with the torch that was the continued development of the Flight Simulator title, I am also aware that some aspects of that development were somewhat backwards in progression rather than forwards as far as flight modeling and being a usable simulation was concerned. For example, the slight dumbing down of helicopter flight portrayal in FSX compared to previous iterations, which admittedly, was done to address the frustrations people had in enjoying choppers in the sim, but it was still dumbed down. But more critically, whilst that was happening, the only real development in terms of actual flight simulation which we got in FSX over the previous iteration, was the ability to fly a great circle route over the poles, whilst still ignoring the fact that it was tied to the CPU and therefore was always going to suffer frame rate issues in spite of the attempts to dazzle us with new eye candy.

Now, I'm not suggesting this will be the case with MSFS 2020. I'm simply not in a position to know that. But the end of the day, whilst I like cool visuals as much as the next person in a flight sim, it isn't the most important thing for me, nor should it be for anyone else who wants something which simulates flight with all its subtleties and nuances, as opposed to a pretty world where you can fly your camera viewpoint around a bit, because you can do that in Google Earth too if you like.

So I would hope that P3D's development would, above everything else, strive to be a better flight simulator, since it is after all made by a company which is most famous for being aircraft manufacturer. This as opposed to being made by a collaboration between two companies which are respectively most famous for making a ubiquitous word processor and spreadsheet package, and a bunch of movie tie-in games.

None of this is intended to have a dig at either Asobo, MS or Lockheed Martin, I'm just saying that in the history of flight simulation, we've been fooled before by pretty screenshots. Back when Flight Simulator was made by subLogic, we didn't care if it was wireframes, we were just excited by the fact that you could simulate flying aeroplanes realistically, and for flight simmers, that should always be the thing which tops the list of desirable features and I hope Lockheed Martin agrees on that score.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here