Which feature enhancement do you most want from P3D V5

What feature enhancement do you most want for P3D v5  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What feature enhancement do you most want for P3D v5

• New Terrain model
    • New Graphics rendering engine
    • New atmospheric/weather engine
    • It doesn't matter anymore - I'm only waiting for MSFS

If I'm honest, the feature that would make me consider buying v5 isn't listed, compatibility.... 

Obviously I'm assuming there would be improvements over v4 as a given, but without my existing addons being compatible I then I'd be quite content to give it a miss at least until I see how things are working out, in terms of addons for FS2020...

G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I would like LM to get rid of the scenery loading pauses.. and somehow load scenery in the background while continuing to provide smooth flight.. :cool:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bert

5 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

If I'm honest, the feature that would make me consider buying v5 isn't listed, compatibility.... 

Obviously I'm assuming there would be improvements over v4 as a given, but without my existing addons being compatible I then I'd be quite content to give it a miss at least until I see how things are working out, in terms of addons for FS2020...

G

There are various notes on the P3D forums that refer to a pledge to maintaining compatibility. We will have to wait to see how far it goes.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I tend to agree that backwards compatibility will be very important for P3D v5. A lot of enthusiasts of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator are so impressed with what they have seen that they are quite prepared to accept no backwards compatibility (if that is indeed the case), but I am not sure that Lockheed Martin can afford the same luxury if they want to maintain sales volumes to home users.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

I wouldn't worry too much about backward compatibility :wink:

S.

☝️☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ THIS  ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

edit

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

8 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

the feature that would make me consider buying v5 isn't listed, compatibility..

Compatibility is not a feature enhancement.

We have always been able to assume a significant degree of compatibility, but you cannot bang that drum forever and at the same time expect significant progress.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Providing backward compatibility doesn't necessarily mean the developers will have things any easier. However much depends on what is meant by compatibility. How much stuff demands installing a sim in some other folder or drive, running as admin, having to adjust UAC settings, requires manual adjustment of configurations, relies on other addons for connections, tables, lists of airports, or other features, navigation systems with no knowledge of what's in the actual sim relying on external navigation data and scenery and other data upgrades. All that and more suffers a degree of incompatibility whether with the Windows system or the Simulator. That's a problem for moving forward on the whole.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Its seems Robert from PMDG seem not to share the pessimistic view on the future.

"This is an exciting time to be involved in the development of simulation software and technologies. The return of Microsoft to the marketplace has fundamentally changed PMDG’s five-year business plan and we are more enthusiastic about the future of simulation development than at any time since PMDG’s founding in 1997."

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Its seems Robert from PMDG seem not to share the pessimistic view on the future.

"This is an exciting time to be involved in the development of simulation software and technologies. The return of Microsoft to the marketplace has fundamentally changed PMDG’s five-year business plan and we are more enthusiastic about the future of simulation development than at any time since PMDG’s founding in 1997."

When he posted this? :wink:

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

That statement is quite significant.  Especially as they are recruiting for a specific skillset

We shall see...

Edited by ErichB

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

17 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

PMDG also know that V5 is coming and to be honest, the recruitment is probably more to do with V5 shelf life than it has to do with MS, given that the SDK is unfinished for MS.   But it is interesting as to how he has framed the comment, seemingly more about MS than V5.

Edited by ErichB

16 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ah now I have seen the actual Deve skills sets required, I totally understand what he is really preparing for.. 

S.

• Like 2