What feature enhancement do you most want for P3D v5  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What feature enhancement do you most want for P3D v5

• New Terrain model
    • New Graphics rendering engine
    • New atmospheric/weather engine
    • It doesn't matter anymore - I'm only waiting for MSFS

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ah now I have seen the actual Deve skills sets required, I totally understand what he is really preparing for.. 

S.

WWIII?

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

lol...

Can't say..it is so difficult to participate on these forums with so many NDA's all over the place..

S.

Well, yeah. You'd think if they had something truly exciting to reveal, the NDAs would be lifted so we could all get excited about it.

21 minutes ago, simbol said:

lol...

Can't say..it is so difficult to participate on these forums with so many NDA's all over the place..

S.

You mean all over the planes...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Could be he means those flat fish found in the English Channel, popular with Fish and Chip Shops? Maybe they are planning to have shoaling fish just under the water surface and plants and algae floating around on top for a bit of variety.

Covert spy operations usually recruit through fairly ordinary civilian places but have requirements for extremely high technical and social skills. In the man from UNCLE they needed dry cleaning qualifications.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:23 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I would like LM to get rid of the scenery loading pauses.. and somehow load scenery in the background while continuing to provide smooth flight.. :cool:

This^^^^*

Chris Camp

On 3/2/2020 at 8:23 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I would like LM to get rid of the scenery loading pauses.. and somehow load scenery in the background while continuing to provide smooth flight.. :cool:

While this could always be improved I noticed when going from my 4 core processor to my current 6 core, the 2 extra cores really helped in this department. I'm sure those with 8 cores noticed an even bigger jump. But yes a total fluid experience would be very welcomed in v5.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

44 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

While this could always be improved I noticed when going from my 4 core processor to my current 6 core, the 2 extra cores really helped in this department. I'm sure those with 8 cores noticed an even bigger jump. But yes a total fluid experience would be very welcomed in v5.

I would like to see this addressed at the architecture level, rather than more marginal improvements.

Windows has a built in notion that I/O operations are important and can take priority over other things going on..

This leads to everything coming to a halt while large scenery chunks are being transferred..

The desired design would be for flight operations to take priority, and for scenery loading to happen in the background, with no ability to interrupt smooth flight.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would like to see this addressed at the architecture level, rather than more marginal improvements. Windows has a built in notion that I/O operations are important and can take priority over other things going on.. This leads to everything coming to a halt while large scenery chunks are being transferred..

I'm pretty sure this is a P3D problem; not Windows itself. I/O can block, and any blocking operations need to get moved to a different thread - not just the loading from disk but also any post-processing. Modern drives can process vast volumes of random I/O in times less than frame or two; so delays noticeable to the human eye are an order of magnitude longer.

There are plenty of latency-sensitive apps doing a lot of I/O on Windows without issue.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

I'm pretty sure this is a P3D problem; not Windows itself. I/O can block, and any blocking operations need to get moved to a different thread - not just the loading from disk but also any post-processing. Modern drives can process vast volumes of random I/O in times less than frame or two; so delays noticeable to the human eye are an order of magnitude longer.

There are plenty of latency-sensitive apps doing a lot of I/O on Windows without issue.

Cheers!

I hope you are right.. and that LM figures out how to make this work for V5  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Hi,

One thing, which MUST be improved in V5: Loading of complex scenery addons approaching airports should not lead to a long pause of the simulation as today, but should be done in background. That's at the moment the biggest ruin of immersion in V4.5.

Rgds
Reinhard

If P3D v5 comes with DX12, what's that going to bring to the table? inlighten me pls

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip