Sign in to follow this  
mp15

Shall we have an add-on for the Clouds?

2 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Not necessarily

That's true, and of course P3D is not a legacy product as I described it, so there will be a market for texture replacements unless they also change weather rendering techniques. REX are very capable, and likeable devs and I hope they can find a place in the new MS sim as well as supporting existing ones.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 7:29 PM, Casualcas said:

He said it, so they are crispy

But what is the need for that? They look perfectly fine as they are.

49 minutes ago, Montie said:

Because clouds can also have a very crisp look with razor sharp edges in real life.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 hour ago, Montie said:

They look fantastic,  I'm just being silly

On 2/27/2020 at 3:30 PM, mp15 said:

Having everything ready out of the box sounds cool but what about the clouds shown so far? 

Shall we have an addon with cripsier clouds?

I'm not sure I entirely understand this post. I'm sure Asobo will have every aspect of the simulator included in the SDK and that very much includes weather.

The sim looks fantastic but there is plenty of scope to improve all aspect of the sim.

I'm expecting the tools and capabilities of the platform to grow as Asobo and third party developers get more time with the sim, the future is very exciting.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, dtrjones said:

I'm not sure I entirely understand this post.

If you don't understand his post, suggest to read his first post in this thread. IMO this clarifies a lot....

On 2/28/2020 at 1:46 AM, HiFlyer said:

SkyMaxx

MSFS2020
vTxQgv.jpg

In my air travels in the pax seat, I have never seen that. Is this something that one can see, a rain shaft in an otherwise clear environment ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

21 minutes ago, domkle said:

Is this something that one can see, a rain shaft in an otherwise clear environment ? 

Yes, these microbursts can be associated with severe downdrafts. A more common form is the virga.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, domkle said:

In my air travels in the pax seat, I have never seen that. Is this something that one can see, a rain shaft in an otherwise clear environment ? 

Too bad you put me on ignore. Yes, this is perfectly normal to see. About ten years ago I saw a the most impressive microburst from the jumpseat of a CRJ on final to 18C at Memphis.

Seeing virga like in the screenshot is common, but this particular microburst was so powerful that as it reached the ground, you could actually see the column spread out and even curl up like a donut at the bottom. It wasn't more than two miles left of the localizer course on about a two-mile final.

The Delta 191 L1011 crash was one of famous microburst related crashes.

35 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

The Delta 191 L1011 crash was one of famous microburst related crashes.

I was going to mention that, actually. The USAir DC-9 in Charlotte too.

Edit to add:

Both of those accidents were preventable because the aircraft had the excess energy necessary to escape, but in both cases the pilots failed to max perform the jet.

The L-1011 crew was slow to react and unloaded the nose and accelerated while allowing the aircraft to descend.

The DC-9 crew did exactly as they were trained to do and followed the flight director, which commanded a fixed climb angle in the Go Around mode. Had they pulled to the shaker they would've made it.

That's why we have AMI/PLI now, but I still think AoA should be a standard instrument in every cockpit.

Edited by Noodle

Oh my flying into a microburst in this sim will literally be terrifying. The sound effects and the graphics will bring me to my knees.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

59 minutes ago, domkle said:

Yes. Enjoy!

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, domkle said:

As others said, yes, absolutely. It's a bit like staying on a beach and watching the horizon on the sea, you can cleary tell where it's raining and where it isn't.

This is the same, but in a smaller area. And you can cleary see it from the distance, while inside your best indicator is noticing how the wind is blowing from one side before and the other side after.

This was some years ago in Pisa, Italy
20-bomba-d-acqua-pisa-50canale-8-ottobre

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Wow, you can really appreciate the power of those things on the footage of one crossing over that river. It's scary stuff, but realistic air masses is something I've been advocating as being needed in flight sims for a long time; anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of the downdrafts in a thunderstorm whilst flying, is not likely to forget the experience.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here