Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

Active Sky crashing P3Dv4

Hello, 

I have been having this issue for a while, and i've been flying without Active sky since i uninstalled it because of crashes. 
I re-installed both Active sky and cloud art tonight to see if it works, but it doesn't. 

P3D loads up, but as soon as i hit ''fly now'' it crashes without any warning, and i can't find anything in the event viewer.

And yes, i have Active Sky for P3Dv4.

Thanks!

The number one fix for this is to rename the dll.xml located in the same folder as your scenery.cfg. See page 10, AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).

Check Windows Defender too to make sure it did not quarantine one of the Active Sky files during installation.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The number one fix for this is to rename the dll.xml located in the same folder as your scenery.cfg. See page 10, AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).

Check Windows Defender too to make sure it did not quarantine one of the Active Sky files during installation.

Hello, 

i checked windows defender, and Active Sky for P3Dv4 is listed twice, and checked off in ''Public'' and not ''Private''.
Also, i tried both renaming the dll.xml, and removing it entirely from the folder, and it still didn't work.

7 minutes ago, Norwegian said:

and not ''Private''.

Should be Private.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

18 minutes ago, Norwegian said:

Also, i tried both renaming the dll.xml, and removing it entirely from the folder, and it still didn't work.

You did not indicate the full version of P3Dv4 you own.  There's a v4.5 with hot fix.  https://hifisimtech.com/downloads/.

HiFi is very good at telling you if you did not install the product properly or you need an update.  There is another dll.xml located in the same folder as your P3D config and it is the one that has Active Sky entries.  There is a possibility the dll.xml's are corrupt.  If you have Lorby's Si Addon Manager, it has a tool to check for corrupted files. If so, you should delete/uninstall the offending program and reinstall.

I doubt the CTD's are caused by Active Sky but another incompatibility.  Did you download and install AppCRASH View as suggested in the AVSIM Guide.  It should show you a faulting module.

HiFi has an excellent trouble ticket system and, if you really think it is Active Sky causing your headaches, you should submit a trouble ticket with them.

Submit News to AVSIM

36 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Should be Private.

Trying to set it to private, but as soon as i close windows defender, it goes straight back to Public.

14 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

You did not indicate the full version of P3Dv4 you own.  There's a v4.5 with hot fix.  https://hifisimtech.com/downloads/.

HiFi is very good at telling you if you did not install the product properly or you need an update.  There is another dll.xml located in the same folder as your P3D config and it is the one that has Active Sky entries.  There is a possibility the dll.xml's are corrupt.  If you have Lorby's Si Addon Manager, it has a tool to check for corrupted files. If so, you should delete/uninstall the offending program and reinstall.

I doubt the CTD's are caused by Active Sky but another incompatibility.  Did you download and install AppCRASH View as suggested in the AVSIM Guide.  It should show you a faulting module.

HiFi has an excellent trouble ticket system and, if you really think it is Active Sky causing your headaches, you should submit a trouble ticket with them.

I've got the Academic version. I'll try that hot fix.
Well, the crashes started happening right after i installed Active Sky, and it worked just fine before without it. I already sent a ticket to HiFi.

Do you have FSUIPC installed? If so, temporarily disable it. If the crash goes away the problem is NOT FSUIPC - there's a corrupt weather file that's being loaded as soon as the flight is started.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, Luke said:

Do you have FSUIPC installed? If so, temporarily disable it. If the crash goes away the problem is NOT FSUIPC - there's a corrupt weather file that's being loaded as soon as the flight is started.

Cheers!

Yes, i have FSUIPC installed. How do i disable FSUIPC outside of the sim?

58 minutes ago, Norwegian said:

Yes, i have FSUIPC installed. How do i disable FSUIPC outside of the sim?

remove the FSUIPC.dll from your modules folder. SAVE IT in a safe place.

12 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

remove the FSUIPC.dll from your modules folder. SAVE IT in a safe place.

Thanks.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, Luke said:

Cheers!

Still keeps crashing, even after disabling FSUIPC.