Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 27th, 2020 – Development Update

8 hours ago, eaim said:

I just don't know how people can criticise this Sim especially as it's got months before release yet. I'm more than happy with what I see. 

I am happy with what I see too.  Mostly.

Lets keep our eyes open. As you say it is months from release and there are obvious things which call for correction as the double shadows (a scourge of PR imagery), the seemingly flat parking lots in the Culture and Science Palace in Varsaw and the NO superdome pics (another builtin flaw of imagery ), the strange reflections on the roof of the Varsaw building, the overlit highway in our friend Nedo’s pic, the bizarre texture of trees on the right side ot the runway in the Caravan exhaust pic.

It shapes up more and more as the next great sim. WIP.

BTW about the grass.  I don’t thing anything has changed but the focal of the virtual camera.

PS @Kpeterssee above, this is a Stalin era building in Varsaw. 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I live in Los Angeles - which screenshot are you referring to? 

The last photo by Nedo68.  Someone said you could see cars with lights.  Which is a good start.  I wonder if they can do thousands to make Los Angeles look alive.

Phenomenal screenshots with that incredible lighting. Still a very big tease to those not in Alpha. Testing for bugs maybe monotonous but the environment your in is just beautiful and never experienced before to such depth in a flight sim. Now hoping for next Alpha recruitment. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

9 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Foggy.png

Screenshot Credit: SoapyDiamond333

I like scenes that capture that kind of mood. So immersive!

But I also have some criticism.

9 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Hongkong.png

Screenshot Credit: Garywinhk

Notice that some of the buildings don't seem to have window lights at all. That looks weird.

Hope everyone is happy with the grass this time. 😄

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

aaah nice they picked one of my Screenshots 😁

FYI i think its save to say here, the original screenshot is in 4k!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Notice that some of the buildings don't seem to have window lights at all. That looks weird.

Maybe the current alpha does not have this feature yet, and what we saw recently was work in progress, especially as I think buildings always had two entire floors on top of each other lit.

• Upvote 1

Siggy Schwarz

5 hours ago, Kpeters said:

Awesome building, very low resolution texture on the ground, anyone have any idea where is this? Also I suppose this building was modelled the rest autogen. And I Also see a lack of 3d autogen trees and cars possibly because of thr low res satellite image.

Thoughts?

The building is also missing a texture on the roof. You can see through it. The other roofs have a texture on top.

9 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

aaah nice they picked one of my Screenshots 😁

FYI i think its save to say here, the original screenshot is in 4k!

And a good shot too ! Congrats to you and @Casualcas, distinguished Avsim fellows 😁 !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, domkle said:

And a good shot too ! Congrats to you and @Casualcas, distinguished Avsim fellows 😁 

Nothing to congratulate me on. The mods deleted that post

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Notice that some of the buildings don't seem to have window lights at all.

The dark ICC building at the bottom left is typically lit up with an animated light show on all sides (also a common spectacle in many Chinese cities). The fact that it’s the only building that’s completely dark makes me wonder if it will be animated and they simply haven’t implemented that yet. Asobo, have I discovered a future surprise feature for the sim?

I’ll echo the other posts about Hong Kong. I’m lucky enough to spend a week there on business every year and absolutely love it. Can’t get enough.

34 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Nothing to congratulate me on. The mods deleted that post

What a silly comment!  You were recognized for something you stated by the MS Team. What happens here means nothing!  Glad they recognized you in any case.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

11 minutes ago, Bottle said:

The fact that it’s the only building that’s completely dark makes me wonder if it will be animated and they simply haven’t implemented that yet. Asobo, have I discovered a future surprise feature for the sim?

There are lots of dark buidlings on the right side as well. Some have very dim lights, some seem totally dark. Compared to others right next, that are lit up like christmas trees, it looks a bit weird. 😄

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

What a silly comment!  You were recognized for something you stated by the MS Team. What happens here means nothing!  Glad they recognized you in any case.

What happens here with my friends and peers is more important to me than someone I dont know. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, eaim said:

I just don't know how people can criticise this Sim especially as it's got months before release yet. I'm more than happy with what I see. 

Well I will tell you why? Some people are genuine, have genuine concerns. And then there are those with agendas. Then there are those who are cynics and will criticise everything because it turns them on.

Skepticism is good. Cynicism is bad. Reject cynicism. Get a thrill another way.

At 62 and after many years of simming, I have never seen anything as spectacular and offering as much promise as this new sim. And yes, it's still alpha, so I should be restrained, but I'm not restrained, I'm thrilled. So much so that despite not simming for the past three years, I will be simming again with a vengeance.

So thank you Microsoft and Asobo for listening so intently to the community and working toward making our simulation dreams come true.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Casualcas said:

What happens here with my friends and peers is more important to me than someone I dont know. 

Nicely put

• Like 1

Dominique