Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 27th, 2020 – Development Update

9 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

aaah nice they picked one of my Screenshots 😁

FYI i think its save to say here, the original screenshot is in 4k!

That was taken in Los Angeles? Which part?  I live here and couldn't place where that shot was if it was indeed taken in LA. If anything, it looks more like Riverside. 

8 hours ago, Jim Young said:

What happens here means nothing!

...apparently it does. It was here that they got that comment from.

And they quoted it before we removed it.  In any case, this subject is closed.  Please be careful.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

...apparently it does. It was here that they got that comment from.

And I'm just a humble polish boy raised in the burbs

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Kpeters said:

Awesome building, very low resolution texture on the ground, anyone have any idea where is this?

The file name should give you a hint.

20 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

That was taken in Los Angeles? Which part?  I live here and couldn't place where that shot was if it was indeed taken in LA. If anything, it looks more like Riverside. 

Nope, it is somewhere in south europe, France, Switzerland, Germany (Three-country corner)

The Dubai screenshot has amazing road traffic, even a traffic jam in the left! That's outstanding!

Does anyone know where the ondulated airport is?

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

Nope, it is somewhere in south europe, France, Switzerland, Germany (Three-country corner)

Warsaw

12 hours ago, Kpeters said:

Awesome building, very low resolution texture on the ground

Bing maps are in constant updrades through aerial photography and that texture could suddenly swap into hi-res, remember this simulator is coming here to stay and for a long time.

9 minutes ago, mp15 said:

Bing maps are in constant updrades through aerial photography and that texture could suddenly swap into hi-res, remember this simulator is coming here to stay and for a long time.

The relatively bad image quality compared to Google Maps is my only complaint about MSFS so far. But then again, this might not weigh so heavy in regard that they are covering lots of surfaces with 3D objects. Maybe they're also manipulating the textures when closing in. We will see.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I know how Azure A.I algorithms perform and it can really fix and upgrade that texture in a blink of an eye by interoperating on tensor flow and deploying a convolutional network resolution in that area, first by anticipating and computing what is that texture about and what should be in there, de bluring the image, detecting concrete, roofs, cars, trees and city objects, deploying an organic mesh for the autogen sorroundings of the palace, identifying cars and deploying low res cars, identifying the location of tail lights for those cars and the autogen buildings, and you will have the pretty 3D palace sitting on top of a beautiful texture, but remember the world is big.

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

Warsaw

no, i think there is a misunderstanding here, Bdub22 asked where i shot my Screenshot, he was thinking it was somewhere in around Los Angeles.

52 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

no, i think there is a misunderstanding here, Bdub22 asked where i shot my Screenshot, he was thinking it was somewhere in around Los Angeles.

You're right. Someone, (sorry, can't remember if it was you) mentioned that they'll need to step it up to see traffic like in LA, and I got confused that that screenshot was from Los Angeles. Definitely didn't look anything like it lol! But, all good. And yes - I agree. Would be amazing if they could take their Bing traffic data and interpolate it so it's represented in the sim.

6 hours ago, Scottoest said:

The thing for me that continues to set MSFS apart from every other sim visually, is the combination of the lighting, and particle/alpha effects with the weather.  The sunlight diffusing through mist and fog.  The belts of rain from the clouds.  The subtle scattering and colouration of the smoggy air above a city.

Stuff like that is what makes this sim look ineffably real to me, far more than ground texture quality, or 3D trees, or autogen buildings, etc.  All of that stuff obviously helps greatly, but it's the airspace in these pictures and videos that always strikes me the most.

A big part of the experience for me apart from realistic flight models, etc. is obviously the world around me, too. I like to kind of kid myself into thinking this is actually *insert any place* below me right now and after closing the sim down I like to feel like I've actually moved to the destination I just arrived at. P3D with addons gives me this to some extent but it's not too satisfying. This sim, however, looks like that part of immersion will be much more believable.

Just imagine having those screenshots and clips as part of the actual sim in front of you on a 4k TV... lucky Alpha testers.

Edited by threegreen
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD