Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 27th, 2020 – Development Update

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Yes, the trees are wrong, but it is definitely Miami (see In-game VS Satellite thread).

And which airport in Miami could this be? I cannot find any with has this direction.

8 minutes ago, frila said:

And which airport in Miami could this be? I cannot find any with has this direction.

Miami international rwy 27

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Yes, the trees are wrong, but it is definitely Miami (see In-game VS Satellite thread).

Yes, it is Miami RWY 27. And the trees are correct (checked with Google Earth)

ugcx_banner.png

3 minutes ago, MUC1 said:

They are placed correctly but they appear to be the wrong type of tree. In the sim they look like conifers, which is surly not typical of Miami.          

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

They are placed correctly but they appear to be the wrong type of tree. In the sim they look like conifers, which is surly not typical of Miami.          

I am not sure if these are conifers, but the type seen in the picture is more correct then palm trees in this are. You will find only a few palm trees but a lot of other broadleaf trees.

Edited by MUC1

ugcx_banner.png

7 minutes ago, MUC1 said:

I am not sure if these are conifers, but the type seen in the picture is more correct then palm trees in this are. You will find only a few palm trees but a lot of other broadleaf trees.

Yeah ok, but in my book those trees seem out of place nontheless. It should look more like this:

M8tKXyB.jpg

I'm not worried at all though as it's still in alpha and the trees will surely be adjusted.

• Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

I'm not worried at all though as it's still in alpha and the trees will surely be adjusted.

Yes I think so, too. I can imagine that it is hard so set the type of trees automatically. Maybe they have to define areas for the vegetation.

• Upvote 1

ugcx_banner.png

Asobo strives to deliver a realistic landscape. It won't be with trees of the wrong shape, of the wrong variety or the wrong size. They said that they did some work  to add localized roofs. Hoping they do the same for the vegetation. This has always been a weakness of the FS family of sims. Time to to innovate here too 🌴 😎 🌳.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I hope we get a full landing video in the next development update - all the way to touchdown instead of just the approach. 

I'm surprised they didnt just make deciduous trees the default tree instead of tall thin evergreens.  deciduous are more round and would cover more ground to make an area look fuller and more complete.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

3 hours ago, MUC1 said:

Found it! Thank you for your research!

4 hours ago, domkle said:

Time to to innovate here too 🌴 😎 🌳.

slowly i'm not 100% sure anymore why i'm here, was it about flying or a botany simulator?? 😉  jk

1 minute ago, Nedo68 said:

slowly i'm not 100% sure anymore why i'm here, was it about flying or a botany simulator?? 😉  jk

Yeah, wait, next they'll say the kangaroos look more like a wallaby's

• Like 1

Just now, Nedo68 said:

A flightsim is a construction of air dynamics, weather, aircraft models, flying (modeling and systems) and landscape. Clearly, Asobo wants to do the best in each of these categories.

But what the screenshots are all about ? Landscape mostly. This is all we have to chew, we, the poor non alphas 😢  😏.

So isn't it logical that we concentrate on this ? 

Now, if MS in its infinite kindness, wants to show us a clip of a flight done by you, underlining the other elements of the puzzle (turbulences, landing on dirt etc) , they are most welcome ! 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, domkle said:

Now, if MS in its infinite kindness, wants to show us a clip of a flight done by you, underlining the other element of the puzzle (turbulences, landing on dirt etc) , they are most welcome !

If i only could!!! 😷

• Like 1