Sign in to follow this  
BobKinSTL

Stop First Officer From Putting XPNDR To Standby?

I've had FS2C just a few weeks and am loving it. I use a slightly modified version of SOP1. Is there a way to stop my FO from putting the transponder on STBY during after landing procedures? VATSIM likes Mode C on all taxiways and ramps.  I can't seem to find the config setting to change this.  Thanks.

On the config misc page 1 I have ASDE-X: Set TARA.  On page 3 I have ATC Client XPNDER: NO.  Then there are the ASDE-X yes/no options on the approach and departure briefing pages that I have set to NO but I don't think the briefing pages have anything to do with FO actions?  With these settings my FO is still changing it to STBY in the after landing procedures.  Sorry if I am missing something.  

I am mildly annoyed at having to remind the FO on every flight, both departing and arriving, to leave the transponder on.  It's been 5 years since the FAA told everyone to leave it on at all times in SAFO 15006.  It's time for the FO to get on board.

Can you set the default to ASDE-X to be affirmative and we would need to go out of our way to get the FO to squawk standby?

I think the problem is a lot of users use VATSIM, and if memory serves correct they're supposed to turn the xponder off after landing when on-line.

At any rate, I'll make this option save able in the next update.

Cheers,

A follow up so that it may help others......as it is being said above, changing ASDE-X to "yes" on the DEP and APP pages does keep the FO from changing to STBY.  My error was not completely understanding ASDE-X and thinking it was something that needed to be changed in the CFG Misc settings.  I believe VATSIM wants Mode C all the way to the gate and I agree, a default to "yes" would be nice.  Great product, great support.  Thank you.

Bob