Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Version 17.4 released with "Soft learning"

Hi,

In version 17.4 I introduce a new feature: Soft learning (thanks goes to Gerard Salden for bringing up this idea):

By default PSXT updates an airport file in real time with the aircraft and types that appear at gates. However, if the standard procedures at an airport forces pilots to switch off there transponder after landing, or to switch it on when they take-off, there will be no traffic visible taxiing from/to gates and PSXT will not learn and hence not update the airport file.

With this new feature, PSXT will use the aircraft that land and/or take off at the airport to update the airport file by adding “airline + type + hour” to a randomly chosen gate out of the gates that fits best. Although the gate assignments will not be according to reality, you will at least see parked aircraft of airlines and types that fly to/from the airport at the right hour. 

This new feature is a lot easier then creating airport files manually, and it gives much better options in airport files then the parking options generated by PPG.

Soft learning does not exclude the already available self learning capability of PSXT, it comes “on top off”, so to speak.

Note that the value of the Soft learning parameter is saved in the airport file because it is airport file dependent. As soon as an airport file is loaded the parameter in the UI is set accordingly.

See the release notes for more changes in version 17.4.

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

It is working great here.

All those airports where the transponders are only active when flying or on the runway now also get realistic parked aircraft.

Great work Nico 👍

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have just released PPG 16.0. It adds a new boolean attribute ramp to each parking position.  If it is true the position is a ramp, if false it is a gate.

I plan to release PSXT version 17.5 with a small modification. It will use the new ramp attribute to select a parking position in the Soft Learning  mode more intelligently.  90 % of the aircraft will be allocated at a gate, 10 % at a ramp position.

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico,

great work. Works perfect. I am excited.

Mike

I'm excited

Mike Ross