Sign in to follow this  
Bottle

Steveo1kinevo features MSFS again

5 hours ago, CapnOz said:

I hope he helps them fix the flight dynamics.  Pretty bad shape

Hmm... I always found it to behave a little twitchy. But I am no TBM pilot, so I can't tell if it's normal behavior or flawed flight modeling. Do you have infos to back up that claim?

Most people are all-in excited about it, so I thought it's just what the real thing does.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

He really needs to start putting MSFS in his titles when he features it.  I don't watch every video he puts out but I would certainly watch those.  Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check this one out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tweekz said:

Hmm... I always found it to behave a little twitchy. But I am no TBM pilot, so I can't tell if it's normal behavior or flawed flight modeling. Do you have infos to back up that claim?

Most people are all-in excited about it, so I thought it's just what the real thing does.

And I think that's the issue with the competition flightsim, or maybe the diehard users. You cant use math and equations to simulate the real world. It's a great starting point, and wow look at me, I'm using real world physics for aerodynamics,  but a flightsim isn't real. If I could use math, to predict a wind gust, or where and when a tornado will hit, or tell you exactly when cylinder 1 will lose compression. I would be a very,  very rich man.... and this bird would still be alive today!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

You cant use math and equations to simulate the real world.

That will portentially trigger some people. 😄 But I like your straight out attitude. 😉

A sim consists basically of two things. Simulating the real world with maths and with art. So it's a basic feature to get the maths right. To be fair, while X-Plane feels a lot more like the real thing, sometimes it seems to over exaggerate a little.

And to conclude. Even if some people do not want to hear it. A sim is a sim. 😄 It's not (yet) a computational fluid dynamics simulator (who knows how MSFS calculates their 1000 surfaces tho). It uses approximations and some things will never be modelled correctly. Especially on a sim for personal computers.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Not sure why he would have a pc built for a simulator not in final release yet, not like getting the intel 9900k is a big gamble, but it might run better with more cores/$ from AMD.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

11 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

Not sure why he would have a pc built for a simulator not in final release yet, not like getting the intel 9900k is a big gamble, but it might run better with more cores/$ from AMD.

Exactly,  that's why I'm waiting for benchmarking, we just dont know enough yet. Yeah, sure single core my fx8350 4ghz is terrible,  but muti core it's a screamer, I just dont know yet. 

I wouldn't plan a wedding for October when I haven't met my wife yet. Lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

I wouldn't plan a wedding for October when I haven't met my wife yet. Lol

March 2021.....and of course you met her but that was all.😁

59 minutes ago, MaximusDecimus said:

March 2021.....and of course you met her but that was all.😁

Guess I could say that about Kate Beckinsale.  Gee, I dont have her number. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Casualcas said:

And I think that's the issue with the competition flightsim, or maybe the diehard users. You cant use math and equations to simulate the real world. It's a great starting point, and wow look at me, I'm using real world physics for aerodynamics,  but a flightsim isn't real. If I could use math, to predict a wind gust, or where and when a tornado will hit, or tell you exactly when cylinder 1 will lose compression. I would be a very,  very rich man.... and this bird would still be alive today!

You're confusing "simulation" with "prediction". If all the variables are known, we can simulate pretty accurately the exact flight path of a thrown ball. But we can't predict how that ball will be thrown.

Cristi Neagu

4 minutes ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

You're confusing "simulation" with "prediction". If all the variables are known, we can simulate pretty accurately the exact flight path of a thrown ball. But we can't predict how that ball will be thrown.

Or how the aircraft will be flown. I guess I see your point,  there is some prediction involved, but the last aircraft I built by the numbers, and in the sim, it was way off, so tweak a bit here, tweak a bit there, hey, now it actually has the right fuel consumption, cruise speed, and climb rate without feeling like a kite, (light)

So the math is wrong, or the math is right, but it just doesnt translate to the computer screen. Because? It didnt "feel" right. That a computer cant do with math. 

The veteran builders are good at cable management. I built my last two systems and I'm weak at it. So for a nice lighted 'clean' cabling system which is aesthetically pleasing guys at JS and other builders of like are a great choice. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 2/28/2020 at 7:57 PM, CapnOz said:

I hope he helps them fix the flight dynamics.  Pretty bad shape

He actually was the guy they used to create TBM fm. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI