Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

I have a bad feeling this sim will never have VR

Here are the reasons for my fear:

1. They said they had not considered VR in the beginning. The beginning of this sim is 6 years ago, and that’s when the VR fever was at its peak with the rise of Oculus. In the whole 6 years of the rise and fall of the VR bubbles, and they have not considered VR for the nextgen sim? This is a strong sign that they are really not interested in VR. It is only after the announcement of the sim and the admittance that they have no consideration for VR, which met with strong reaction, that they changed the voice , but that’s really a passive attitude that leaves a lot uncertainty.

2. When the next generation of Xbox was revealed to have no VR, people also reacted strongly, and they also tried to comfort people by saying it’s an option. But now we know it’s not an option.

3. Microsoft has always been ambitious to catch the trend and compete with opponents in all fields. It was a forerunner of VR, and it used to be keen on VR with Windows mixed reality headsets. But the sales is not ideal and it quickly turns to the other trend and let WMVR die alone. This is the way of the super big tech giant. They are too rich and have too many smart guys and fancy technologies to be focused on only one. It’s like a super rich billionaire changing girl friends. They just have too many options to be committed to one. Microsoft has shown this style for many years, and in many areas. Remember how they tried to compete with Google in maps? Google wins and Bing maps is gradually abandoned. Oh this is also affecting MSFS...

4. When it is not committed, it is out of the center. MS is not the standard of VR. It is not the rule maker. The industry standard is now hold by Oculus(Facebook) and Steam (Valve), which makes VR even more undesirable for MS. People are telling MS that if MSFS has VR it will give a big boost to the whole VR industry, but that’s exactly a reason why MS will be more reluctant to adopt VR. Why should they help their opponents?

5. So this is an ecology. If MS has lost interest in WMVR and Xbox VR, they will not be interested in MSFS VR. That’s where my biggest fear is.

6. Wait! You say. There is Hololens and Asobo is an real expert on this. Oh no that’s where another of my fear comes. MS is really committed to AR now (for the time being, as usual), but AR is not VR. They are two different things and for different purposes. I can imagine an AR version of MSFS, but it’s more suited to aircraft repair. It’s not for immersion and entertainment.

7. It’s just a feeling: VR for MSFS now, or never.

Edited by yanfeng12342000
  • Upvote 1

They have clearly said that Trackir and VR are on their agenda. Please read the updates. There is no reason to get into this again. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals