Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

LorbyAxisAndOhs not recognising controllers

Hello all,

Please forgive me if you have seen this before. I was under the impression that I had already posted this query but I cannot find it.
OK. A few days ago I got into P3D (LAAO automatically loaded .. waiting for aircraft) I selected the aircraft and noticed that there were no AXIS or Button assignments. So I went to templates and attempted to copy a template that I had already created. The programme (LAAO) crashed to desktop with P3D still running. So I reloaded LAAO and set up the axis and buttons assignments again (very easy process), went to templates and clicked on "save as template. LAAO crashed to desktop with P3D still running.

I reloaded LAAO  and went into Manage joysticks only to discover that there were NO joysticks/controllers on the right side of that panel. They are actually working correctly in P3D (enable Joysticks) and in XPlane 11.

I unplugged all my controllers and rebooted the computer. I then reinstalled all my joysticks and rebooted the computer.  All joysticks are showing up and working correctly. But still no joysticks showing in LAOO.

I uninstalled LAAO, downloaded the just updated version and installed it. 

Exactly the same thing is happening, ie not recognising my 5 Saitek controllers, Is there anyway to force recognition of them? I figure that my other crashing problems will disappear if the controllers are actualy recognised and on the right hand side as configured controllers

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

if the controllers are actualy recognised and on the right hand side as configured controllers

Hello Tony,

didn't you get my email?

This is not correct. The controllers that are found attached to your computer are on the LEFT side of the dialog.

The list on the right is what you have configured in the database of the tool itself. If the entries are red, that means that the controller can no longer be found - that does not mean that it is no longer there, just that it can't be identified by LAAO! This is usually because Windows assigned a new ID to it (the long string of numbers and characters shown in brackets). That happens for example when joysticks are unplugged and attached to a different USB port. Or because you have a faulty driver. Or a hardware problem. Or a new driver got installed. Or an existing driver got updated (make sure that you are not running any of those driver update helper tools!).

The purpose of the "Manage Joysticks" dialog is to reconcile the assignment database with the controllers that are actually attached. In the past it happened to me too, that controller IDs changed. So I wrote this dialog - the controllers that LAAO can no longer find (but that have assignments in the database) are shown in red. So I select a red entry on the right and the actual controller on the left and then press "Replace". This will update the controller ID in the LAAO database and I have my assignments back.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Thanks for your reply mate.

I wanted to stress that the right side (Configured Joysticks) of Manage Joysticks is blank. There is nothing there. I cannot therefore click on replace, clear or delete. The title at the top says "Configured Joysticks in Database" which is where I may have been off track. 

How do I get what is on the left (Connected Joysticks) to go to the right (in green) I cannot find any thing in the manual that covers this. I assumed that, that, is because it is automated process.

Regards 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

9 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Oliver,

Thanks for your reply mate.

I wanted to stress that the right side (Configured Joysticks) of Manage Joysticks is blank. There is nothing there. I cannot therefore click on replace, clear or delete. The title at the top says "Configured Joysticks in Database" which is where I may have been off track. 

How do I get what is on the left (Connected Joysticks) to go to the right (in green) I cannot find any thing in the manual that covers this. I assumed that, that, is because it is automated process.

Regards 

Tony

Hello Tony,

if the right side is empty, then you didn't make any assignments yet - the LAAO database is empty. Assign an axis, close the tool and open it again, then you should see that joystick on the right side of the dialog.

Example:

When you attach a joystick, Windows assigns a GUID to it. Let us assume that this is the number "42". When you assign an axis of that joystick to a simulator event in LAAO, the tool saves that match as :"Joystick 42, Axis X is assigned to Elevator". Now something happens to that joystick (see examples above) and Windows decides that it wants to change that ID to "46". Now LAAO can no longer function, because it doesn't know the joystick by "46". That is what the dialog is for. It will show you the joystick in red with "42" on the right (because there is an assignment) and with "46" on the left. Now you can select both and "Replace" the 42 in the database with the 46. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Well, something has changed. Now when I open P3D the LAAO comes up, fully blank ie no assignments. I push the yoke forward and enter the Elevator assignment, press save and the program crashes to desktop.  It is connecting to the sim automatically and correctly identifies the aircraft selected.

???

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

3 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Oliver,

Well, something has changed. Now when I open P3D the LAAO comes up, fully blank ie no assignments. I push the yoke forward and enter the Elevator assignment, press save and the program crashes to desktop.  It is connecting to the sim automatically and correctly identifies the aircraft selected.

???

Tony

Hello Tony,

I suggest continuing this by email. This problem seems to be specific to your computer, and a forum IMO isn't the right place for this.

Delete the LAAO configuration to clear out any remnants from before. Remove the two folders entirely

"C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\LorbyAxisAndOhs"
"C:\Users\...\Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files"

And I need specifics about when that crash happens exactly (where is that "Save" button??? ), if you are getting an exception window or an entry in the Windows Event Log.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

OK mate, 

Thanks, I will email you shortly.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.