Sign in to follow this  
byork

EZDOK users and the Check Power and Rotate Calls

Just notifying users that if your "Check Power" call in Button Control is inop... or the "Rotate" call doesn't play, it's something to do with EZDOK and however they're interfacing with the Majestic Dash 8.

Hopefully we can figure out what EZDOK has done.

Cheers,

Well, we'll discuss this issue in support.

But I can't imagine how our program, which only controls the cameras and makes a few effects that affect the body of the aircraft can affect the operation of some buttons.

Although everything can be even when we think that it is not interconnected. May be is Simconnect issue?

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

We are affecting the fuselage of the aircraft in accordance with the turbulence that we get from ActiveSky or METAR from the simulator.

We know that Dash 8 uses an external aerodynamics module independent of the simulator, so we warn all our users that EZCA compatibility with Dash8 is limited. Users must disable the EZCA XTM turbulence module (in General settings) and set the DHM value to zero (Dynamic movement of the pilot's head). This is noted separately in the manual for EZCA3. The EZCA2 version also requires disabling (setting to zero) DHM.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Hello friends. I hope you all are safe and well!

A long time user of FS2Crew + Majestic Dash 8 + EZDOK/EZCA. Bryan, thank you for your software. I honestly won’t fly commercial planes without it. 

I too am troubled by this issue. I updated to EZCA 3 and ever since the update the FO will not call or respond to anything after “power checks“. 

I did a little over an hour’s worth of dedicated testing, starting from various startup scenarios (the Dash’s Cold & Dark to Before Takeoff) to confirm it’s not a startup script Issue. Then I disabled Track IR to see if I could get those V1, Rotate cals—all results were the same, nothing.

I disabled EZCA 3 and tested again—THE FO woke up. I finally got the V1,rotate, positive rate calls. I promptly asked the FO to raise the gear, and he did, FS2Crew worked as it should. 

Please note that I have triple check in EZCA 3 that XTM in general settings is off, AND that the DHM value is 0. In fact I had disabled all effects on that page so that the “All effects off” indicator is blinking red. 

While I’m currently enjoying flying with the NGXu + FS2Crew, I really do miss flying the dash. Any help or anything you have to suggest for me to try would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank your for your time,
Eric

Please look at Nick's response above yours.

Those programs are altering the Dash 8's airfile.  As a result, FS2Crew can't read the airspeed anymore.

Users must disable the EZCA XTM turbulence module (in General settings) and set the DHM value to zero (Dynamic movement of the pilot's head). This is noted separately in the manual for EZCA3. The EZCA2 version also requires disabling (setting to zero) DHM.

7 hours ago, byork said:

Please look at Nick's response above yours.

Those programs are altering the Dash 8's airfile.  As a result, FS2Crew can't read the airspeed anymore.

Thanks, I did that and FS2Crew still failed to work, unfortunately. 

Please note that I have triple check in EZCA 3 that XTM in general settings is off, AND that the DHM value is 0. In fact I had disabled all effects on that page so that the “All effects off” indicator is blinking red. 

There's not much we can do on our end I'm afraid.

EZDOK is changing the aerodynamics of the aircraft, which messes up certain FS2Crew callouts that need to read speed.

This is why EZDOK says support for the Dash 8 is "limited".

Cheers,

That's very unfortunate news. I can't enjoy flying the Dash 8 without either of these add-ons. I appreciate you are busy, but I hope you can answer one last question on the subject.

- Have you, as the developer of FS2Crew, received of any similarly show stopping issues with the combination of Chaseplane + FS2Crew + Majestic Dash 8?

Thank you again for your time and help.