Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The Top Six Reasons People Are Excited For The New Sim

6 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Maybe we find it a bit less interesting because we inform ourselves more on MSFS itself, while a good chunk of his subjscribers probably get updated about it via his videos

Correct.

I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of his viewers not only haven't been face first in the whole MSFS saga on a near daily basis, (and glad of it) they likely also wouldn't be able to tell you the name of a flight simulation website if their lives depended on it.

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Correct.

I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of his viewers not only haven't been face first in the whole MSFS saga on a near daily basis, (and glad of it) they likely also wouldn't be able to tell you the name of a flight simulation website if their lives depended on it.

I'm finding some know the website,  but dont read the content. 

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

I thought his voice and diction were flawless, as well as soothing and melodious.

word not allowed, I’ve never been able to watch oa’s videos because I really don’t like the voice. Must be like marmite.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Considering he has 176K subscribers, over 500 comments on this video and counting, as well as about 50k views so far, I submit there's good evidence a substantial amount of people find his videos informative/entertaining.....

He has a great channel, I enjoy his Elite Dangerous and other videos, so it was surprise to see him excited over this and of course I watched it and it's a good sign to me that there is going to be a lot of newcomers to the platform when it comes out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

It feels like I'm listening to a BBC documentary narrating, just love it!

I felt it was more like the sort of style you get on local radio adverts for double glazing 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Anthracite said:

word not allowed, I’ve never been able to watch oa’s videos because I really don’t like the voice. Must be like marmite.

And we all how yummy marmite is. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mp15 said:

At first it was pure excitement, now is a waiting calvary with profound anxiety.

Cavalry...Cavalry!!!!

Edited by andyjohnston.net
  • Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

47 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Cavalry...Cavalry!!!!

Well my primary languages are latin origin and it is 'calvario' so I don't really mind my typo but thanks for pointing it out.

17 hours ago, Chock said:

To that I would say that Felix Kjelberg, aka youtube’s ‘Pewdiepie’ managed To garner 103 million subscribers and 24.5 billion views on YouTube through making videos of obnoxious profanity-laden lowest common denominator rubbish. Which would tend to indicate that, as is the case with a lot of things, widespread popularity with large numbers of people is no indicator of either talent or quality.

Is that a problem? I would say that it is everybody's freedom to watch whichever video he or she likes? Of course there might be some limitations what is allowed to put online but assuming that it is within these limits, it is everybody's free choice.  

1 hour ago, RazorBlade said:

Is that a problem? I would say that it is everybody's freedom to watch whichever video he or she likes? Of course there might be some limitations what is allowed to put online but assuming that it is within these limits, it is everybody's free choice.  

Not a problem for me since I won't waste my time watching that stuff when the official sources have the same information at better resolution, but it might be an indictment, depending on one's preferences.

However, recall that I never said I had any desire to prevent people from watching that sort of thing if that's what floats their boat. The point really, in commenting, was that lots of youtube content of this nature is, regardless of either its view counts or its production, pretty low hanging fruit.

This is particularly the case with regard to the dearth of FS 2020 videos which abound on youtube, the majority of which are simply cobbled together 'me too' affairs which are lazily derivative and entirely lackluster, comprising as they do of information and footage which is already out there from official sources (and indeed with less compression artifacts for not having been duplicated for a new edit and uploading procedure which goes through youtube's compression and processing). Thus they offer no better visual quality, no new insight, no additional information and in most cases, not even some worthy intelligent speculation which of itself might at least be of some merit, they instead being nothing more than an attempt to garner views and thus revenue for the channel which banged it out ASAP for the aforementioned entirely fiscally-concerned reasons.

This in my opinion - take it or leave it as you choose - is worthy of a fair degree of contempt.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, mp15 said:

Well my primary languages are latin origin and it is 'calvario' so I don't really mind my typo but thanks for pointing it out.

I apologize if I seemed rude.  So many people pronounce and spell that word wrong, even when English is their main language.

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

5 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

there

😂 sorry, couldn't resist

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I apologize if I seemed rude.  So many people pronounce and spell that word wrong, even when English is there main language.

"spell that word wrong" - incorrectly

"there main language" - their

• Like 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

10 hours ago, Chock said:

Not a problem for me since I won't waste my time watching that stuff when the official sources have the same information at better resolution, but it might be an indictment, depending on one's preferences.

There are a lot of great, engaging videos on YouTube that inform and educate. However I 100% agree with the sentiments you express in this post. These FS2020 clickbait videos are lazy ways to generate money by repackaging other people's hard work

• Like 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

14 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

There are a lot of great, engaging videos on YouTube that inform and educate. However I 100% agree with the sentiments you express in this post. These FS2020 clickbait videos are lazy ways to generate money by repackaging other people's hard work.

Oh yeah, I'm in no way blanket disparaging youtube, it's great, having like much of the internet gone a long way toward democratising information. But again like the internet, there's a lot of rubbish on there as well.

After all, it would be a bit rich of me to slag off youtube  when I have my own aviation related youtube channel - which people are free to hate as well if they like lol. But I do at least try to put a bit of effort into my videos with some fun and some production values, and that is why I have flatly refused to make a 'me too' FS 2020 video for that channel which could at this point, be nothing more than me chatting over some clips which were already available, and this despite the fact that I know doing just that would have got me a lot of views and probably some more subscribers as well. People can look as hard as they like on my channel, and they won't find any such video having been made by me.

I'm not saying I will never make an FS 2020 video for my channel, I obviously will at some point, but only when I have something worth saying or commenting on.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here