Sign in to follow this  
youngie63

MFSG - DARWIN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT YPDN 2020

Hi All

Hope this is posted to the right spot, apologies if not.

I purchased the new MFSG Darwin Airport scenery the other day and cannot, for the life of me, get any buildings on the airfield. Having purchased MFSG products before and had no previous issues, I'm wondering if there is a bug, a missed step in the instructions or confusion with the removal of ORBX Aus V2 YPDN bgl's (From Simmarket YPDN page Notice:If you have ORBX Australia V2, please delete all BGL's files with "YPDN" name inside the ORBX folder.  (to avoid default airport)). The bgl's removed are as follows:

• ABP_YPDN
  • ADE_FTX_AUS_YPDN
  • ADE_FTX_AUS_YPDN_CVX
  • FTX_AUS_YPDN_objects

After removal, still no joy. I have added the ABP_YPDN and FTX_AUS_YPDN_objects independantly and opened P3Dv4 each time and still no joy. I did note some bleeding of the default scenery but faint. Adding both ADE files back in resulted in the default terminal loading with the Jetways disappearing. The only other thing I did that comes to mind is overwriting the Darwin photoreal.bgl with the one supplied with the YPDN scenery.

Other than that, scratching my head. Have been troubleshooting for the past 36 hours without joy so any assistance would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers

Steve (youngie63)

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Steve,

I installed MFSG YPDN Darwin yesterday and have had a few flights in an out. In all honestly I think the freeware version of Ants-Darwin airport is just as good and more frame friendly. You didn't mention where you installed the scenery to, the included pdf is pretty accurate for installation into the Prepared Addon folder.. I install my addon scenery outside of the Prepar3d root folder on another drive and use the .xml method to point to it's location. As far as the Darwin Photoreal.bgl - I left that out, I'm thinking it will drag down frame rates more than the current scenery does. Not sure where the ABP_YPDN file came from, it wasn't in my AUv2 Scenery_05 folder.

steve southey

Thanks Steve. This is my 3rd MFSG purchase, YPPH is in the root P3D folder while WMKP (Penang) is on my D drive and the reason l installed there. No issues installing either. I’ll try installing to the Addon folder and remove the photoreal - can’t hurt. The APB file was located in the ORBX Vector folder.

Cheers Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

6 hours ago, youngie63 said:

Hi All

Hope this is posted to the right spot, apologies if not.

I purchased the new MFSG Darwin Airport scenery the other day and cannot, for the life of me, get any buildings on the airfield. Having purchased MFSG products before and had no previous issues, I'm wondering if there is a bug, a missed step in the instructions or confusion with the removal of ORBX Aus V2 YPDN bgl's (From Simmarket YPDN page Notice:If you have ORBX Australia V2, please delete all BGL's files with "YPDN" name inside the ORBX folder.  (to avoid default airport)). The bgl's removed are as follows:

• ABP_YPDN
  • ADE_FTX_AUS_YPDN
  • ADE_FTX_AUS_YPDN_CVX
  • FTX_AUS_YPDN_objects

After removal, still no joy. I have added the ABP_YPDN and FTX_AUS_YPDN_objects independantly and opened P3Dv4 each time and still no joy. I did note some bleeding of the default scenery but faint. Adding both ADE files back in resulted in the default terminal loading with the Jetways disappearing. The only other thing I did that comes to mind is overwriting the Darwin photoreal.bgl with the one supplied with the YPDN scenery.

Other than that, scratching my head. Have been troubleshooting for the past 36 hours without joy so any assistance would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers

Steve (youngie63)

Is the Darwin photoreal.bgl in the ORBX folder for Australia v2? Is so, where is it please?

Leave the ABP_YPDN file in vector alone, the scenery might actually be using it.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Thanks guys, i have removed all references to the MFSG YPAD and currently doing a reistall of ORBX Libraries, Vector and Aus V2 to hopefully remove any residual YPAD files I overwrote during the install of MFSG YPDN. Start from scratch again, Fingers crossed.

Cheers Steve

On 3/1/2020 at 7:44 PM, LecLightning56 said:

Is the Darwin photoreal.bgl in the ORBX folder for Australia v2? Is so, where is it please?

G'day mate, apologies for the late response but have only just seen your question (age catching up I think!). As per the MFSG install instruction, I copied from the 'YPDN 2020 Ground/ORBX' file into the 'YPDN 2020 scenery' file and overwrote as per the instruction. 

I have since removed YPDN 2020 and reinstalled ORBX as follows:

Base Pack

Buildings HD

Trees HD

VECTOR

AusV2

Cheers Steve