Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Baker

Active Sky No Longer Injecting weather

Hi,

I'm suddenly finding that Active Sky is no longer injecting weather into P3D 4.5 .

All I changed was that I purchased and installed the Aerosoft A330.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Active Sky build 7208.   Then I tried build 7361.  I reinstalled Simconnect several times.  I even tried repairing P3D V4.5 Client.

I submitted a ticket to HiFi Sim but don't yet have a response - not sure their support is very active?

Active Sky says it's connected, but the weather never gets injected.

Does anyone have any ideas what might have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Daniel

Make sure you also installed all of the legacy versions of Simconnect included with P3D (FSX RTM, SP1, and Accel/SP2) .  ActiveSky needs the FSX Acceleration/SP2 version of Simconnect to work correctly...it will connect with some of the other versions (including the P3D native one) but it will not function as it should.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help here! Okay, I didn't know that - I thought the installer would take care of all those kind of things...

I went back and tried to activate all those and it unfortunately didn't solve the issue.  

Two things that might be the culprit;

1) My load scenario might be messed up: the default Raptor seems to be missing - at least I get an error about it not being found, even though it's there in the folder

2) I uninstalled the P3D v3 versions of Active Sky (I think it was Next) as I haven't used it in years and wanted the space.  But I would have thought uninstalling and reinstalling Active Sky for P3Dv4 would have been the cleanest way to get it going again...

Any thoughts I that?

I truly appreciate your help.

Daniel

Have you checked in Add and Remove Programs to see if 'ASConnect for P3Dv4' is installed.

bob

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, onebob said:

Have you checked in Add and Remove Programs to see if 'ASConnect for P3Dv4' is installed.

bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, just checked and it is.

Thanks,

Daniel

Edited by Daniel Baker

34 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Yes, just checked and it is.

ok, odd thing with my versions is that in A-R-P the product version still shows 1.0.7208.29575 whist in the program it list ver 7361 as being installed and clicking on propertieson the new update file the product version indicates 1.0.7361.28810.

just another thought did you run as admin and did you exclude the software in any AV or internet Security.

bob 

edit .. the file version I have for ASConnect is  1.0.0.34

Edited by onebob
  • Like 1

Hi Bob,

Yes, ran as admin, and disabled Windows 10 Real Time Protection - no other AV.

Cheers,

Daniel

Just a wild guess: did you check that AS is in life mode? It happened a couple of times to me that I used historical weather, or created custom weather, and forgot to set AS back to life mode. It is conceivable that the A330 tutorial flight sets custom weather, for instance.

Peter

• Like 1

Just now, qqwertzde said:

Just a wild guess: did you check that AS is in life mode? It happened a couple of times to me that I used historical weather, or created custom weather, and forgot to set AS back to life mode. It is conceivable that the A330 tutorial flight sets custom weather, for instance.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, it's a good guess and I have noticed that too, but it says it's in Live Mode, and connected.  But it just never injects the weather.  I get the Active Sky Weather Request option on the Add-On drop down menu, get the pop-up but when I go to select 1 - Current Active weather, nothing appears.

Appreciate any further thoughts you have,

Daniel

When all else fails, uninstall Activesky, uninstall P3dv4.5 client and content and reinstall them, then reinstall Activesky.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

7 minutes ago, troyboy66 said:

When all else fails, uninstall Activesky, uninstall P3dv4.5 client and content and reinstall them, then reinstall Activesky.

Cheers.

All else has failed, so you're absolutely right - that what I'm going to have to do!

I'll try that now

Many thanks for your suggestion!

• Like 1

When running AS, go into debug mode, click the debug button on the main panel - then as you fly you will see what AS is doing and any possible errors. That may give you a clue.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

9 hours ago, troyboy66 said:

Cheers.

Happy to report that in the end this worked.

Many thanks for all your help - I really appreciate everyone weighing in and guiding me to the solution.

Cheers,

Daniel

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Happy to report that in the end this worked.

Many thanks for all your help - I really appreciate everyone weighing in and guiding me to the solution.

Cheers,

Daniel

Glad to hear!😊

• Like 1

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE