Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Digital Design EGGP Liverpool and ORBx TrueEarth GB Central

Has anyone managed to get Digital Design EGGP Liverpool working properly with ORBx TrueEarth GB Central in P3D v4? There is obviously a conflict with various scenery items (two Mersey Gateway bridges, two sets of wind turbines on the east bank of the Mersey etc), and there is also a significant amount of missing autogen.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

25 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

there is also a significant amount of missing autogen.

If it was on Merseyside and it's missing, that's quite authentic. Someone will have nicked it. Have a look around Aigburth or Toxteth, it's probably been abandoned and burnt out around there somewhere. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have identified the TrueEarth GB Central autogen files that match the autogen files included in Digital Design Liverpool, so hopefully I can resolve that particular issue. However, I would prefer to have a single Mersey Gateway Bridge, and one set of those wind turbines! There will probably be other "doubled up" objects outside the airport boundary though....... :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Living half way between EGGP and EGCC I suppose my contribution should be more balanced, At the moment there should be 3 bridges, the old Victorian brick arch railway crossing, the steel Sydney  arch road bridge (built by Dorman Long from the Tees/ Tyne side area) and the new most recent toll bridge. not to sure how far they have got with the demolition of the steel bridge but .

bob

The Silver Jubilee Bridge and the rail bridge are OK, as there are only one each of these.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have just done a bit of investigation to see which one of the two Mersey Gateway bridges belongs in the Digital Design Liverpool package, and I noticed something about the Silver Jubilee Bridge and the rail bridge. I am assuming that these two models are part of the ORBx TrueEarth GB Library objects (or at least part of TrueEarth GB Central), but the models look awful :huh: The Silver Jubilee Bridge model does not align properly with the image of the road in the base photoscenery, and the rail bridge is a horrible "wire frame" abomination! :ohmy: Can someone check to see if this is the case on your PC, because I find it difficult to believe that ORBx would have released such poor 3D model representations of these two bridges.

On a side note, the ORBx version of the Tamar Road Bridge in TrueEarth GB South is pretty poor (the towers are nowhere near high enough above the road deck), so I may end up swapping that out (if I can) for the PlayHorizon 3D Landmark model. In my opinion, large bridges are the most important landmarks in scenery packages like this, and they should be given the care and attention that they deserve.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The Silver Jubilee Bridge and the rail bridge are OK, as there are only one each of these.

The Silver Jubilee Bridge ( The old steel arch dorman long bridge) is due for demolition, this is along side the railway crossing. the new toll bridge referred to as the Mersey Gateway Bridge is located further up river of the other two.

the answer to your question is yes.

bob

I did manage to resolve this issue before by going to ORBX manager, and selecting SETTINGS and then INSERTION POINTS and selecting the AIRPORTS and REGIONS library and changing the INSERTION of this to BELOW the ADDONS - so in this case, EGGP.  try that and see if it works for you too. 

🙂

• Like 1