Sign in to follow this  
fs1

RELEASE VERSION - AIs now following Sloped Runways in P3D

On 3/3/2020 at 10:14 AM, Wolkenschreck said:

Hi Ed,

Take a look at my Dropbox for a ORBX PAKT AFCAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bovg5u9vmk0cy3m/PAKT_ADEP4_CS.zip?dl=0

Deactivate the static aircraft, go to ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery and rename PAKT_ADEP2_TRB_NoPark.BGL to PAKT_ADEP2_TRB_NoPark.ORIG, and copy my bgl to the same folder. 
The altitude adjustment in "world" should not be required any longer with 4.5 HF2. But If you notice any aircraft a few feet over the ground than copy the alt file to  \Scenery\World\scenery and deactivate any ORBX alt adjustment for PAKT.

Some people are floating do I need to disable GSE and peopleflow?

i disabled Orbx PAKT altitude and use yours

EDIT disabled files PLC_PAKT_GSE.bgl, PLC_PAKT_people.bgl to remove the floating people/objects

1MDyuC3.png

Edited by Boeing or not going

12 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

I also bought KFLL yesterday, really nice, performance is good. What I had is a CTD in flight after a long time, and a p3d crash upon exiting. Could the new dll be the culprit? Just asking. 

I opened the KFLL afcad the dummy runway is too small length and is outside of sdk standards that might be the cause of the crash.

23 hours ago, AnkH said:

Could it be that this "tool" affects AI globally resulting in totally unwanted behaviour of road traffic and waterplane AI? What happens to road traffic that basically "sinks" into the ground due to a tunnel entry? Will this traffic then simply continue above ground, resulting in road traffic crossing airports on certain sceneries where road traffic was moved below ground without using this DLL? How well did you check those "side effects" of the AI.dll?

I checked this at PAKT, and it works well - the downside is if you have RTMM sceneries and Tongass Fjords installed it completely borks the ai floatplanes and boats - probably because they are carry overs from  fs9.

Anyway they don't like the dll.

Any replies from the dev of this dll? I mean, it is nice that it is freeware, but if it is readily included in payware products, the dev should not only call it "release version" but also act accordingly. Means: giving support and answering questions...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Any replies from the dev of this dll? I mean, it is nice that it is freeware, but if it is readily included in payware products, the dev should not only call it "release version" but also act accordingly. Means: giving support and answering questions...

When there’s no money involved there’s generally no guaranteed support or SLAs. What are we going to do, threaten to not use it?

Edited by NZ255
  • Like 1

Yep. Freeware is sometimes a slippery slope.

Slippery it only gets if this freeware is included in a payware product and necessary for it to work... 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

Slippery it only gets if this freeware is included in a payware product and necessary for it to work... 

Seriously... and do payware devs who depend on freeware like this AI thing and SODE know what they're going to do if those devs decide to call it quits?

48 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Seriously... and do payware devs who depend on freeware like this AI thing and SODE know what they're going to do if those devs decide to call it quits?

Nothing. Because SODE and this ai.dll will still work, even when their devs decide to turn away from thankless users.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

We finally have a freeware utility that devs can utilize for airports with sloped runways to ensure the AI can take off and land and some here are complaining. Really?

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I've flown in and out of FLL three times since it was released with no issues.  Taking off on 10R and landing on 28L are quite a rush and cool experience!  Feels like I'm being ramped into the sky.  And of course it's awesome watching AI do it successfully.

28 minutes ago, DJJose said:

We finally have a freeware utility that devs can utilize for airports with sloped runways to ensure the AI can take off and land and some here are complaining. Really?

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Be nice if some enthusiastic simmer showed the AI's at work on some little airport with a little video.  Just to get an idea of how it works.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I've flown in and out of FLL three times since it was released with no issues.  Taking off on 10R and landing on 28L are quite a rush and cool experience!  Feels like I'm being ramped into the sky.  And of course it's awesome watching AI do it successfully.

My thoughts exactly.

I use runway 10 for take of i am not happy because the part of the slope runway give me a strong bump. Plus in external view the landing gear dont touch the runway

Frédéric Giraud

Not complaining, only trying to contribute: with this DLL installed I regularly find AI traffic bouncing around from tens of thousands of feet below the earth to way up high into the stratosphere. Using SimcontrolX for iPad it is easy to monitor AI and the behaviour, I am trying to find a trend but haven't as of yet. I have seen it happening to UTT Phenom 100 and FAIB A320, for example. 

Also I regularly see traffic landing miles short of the threshold and rolling onto the runway, vacating via the first exit. Or flaring way too high and then dropping like a brick.

• Upvote 1

Guys, we did a free to use DLL to work in slope runways. If you just installed it in your airports it should work. There are some cases with planes landing short, or floating objects but this is up to airport developers or enthusiasts to tweak the airport as the reference altitude needs to me modified.

Just relax and use it. If you don’t like it don’t complain, just uninstall the DLL and move on..

Edited by fs1
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Federico Sucari