Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

copyright violation on ebay

Guest PAtom

auction has been closed. finaly... he told me by mail that he "purchased" the mdl files for 100$. pfffh.. what a fool.tom

>auction has been closed. finaly... he told me by mail that he>"purchased" the mdl files for 100$. pfffh.. what a fool.>>tomI can't read german(I assume that's the language) but it doesn't look like they're closed to me!! There still looks to be a bidding button (Biesten)!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest PAtom

hi,ebay does not close the auctions until the original author confirms his copyright using the VeRI platform. i am only the author of the now closed an225 and tu144 auctions thats why i posted this link here in the forum to inform others.cheerstom

Queried the A380 with the seller, his reply:"If I haven't created the gmax model myself, then I have bought the rights to it. Where possible, when time allows, I create my own gmax models as well as sound, VC, etc.. My models are nothing like the freeware models available on the net."

>Queried the A380 with the seller, his reply:>>"If I haven't created the gmax model myself, then I have>bought the rights to it. Where possible, when time allows, I>create my own gmax models as well as sound, VC, etc.. My>models are nothing like the freeware models available on the>net."That's utter hogwash...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JIMJAM

Ebay looks after the seller and is only interested in getting the posting fee and % at sell. They have millions of items listed and just do not have the time or desire to pursue or track down crooks.Case in point. I sold a WW2 German rc uboat for over $5000. A few months later somebody overseas posted my exact listing with the same pictures and description I used. Anyone who contacted him was greeted with a nice offer. I will close the auction if you send me x amount of money. 4 people took him up on it and were ripped off. I tried for 7 days during the auction to get Ebay to close it. I basically got nothing but generic emails back from them and Ebay. I finally posted on their forums and Ebay responded by threatening to cancel my membership for dafamation of character.Again they were more worried about the seller and his money. Buyer beware.

Robert Versluys mailed me about this - Robert, I replied to your email but it was bounced. Have you got another email account or can I contact you through AVSIM?

We need to be realistic.EBbay, or any other seller, will not withdraw an item simply because they've received an email objecting to it. The emailer needs to submit compelling evidence to support the claim - simply saying it's not the sellers to sell isn't good enough. You need to PROVE it-which, unfortunately, in many cases just isn't possible. There's another reason, which is to avoid sales being disrupted maliciously EBay's response to your posts in their forums was not unreasonable. You appear to have implied the seller was dishonest but, unless you could PROVE it, you and EBay would be defaming the seller's character?

Sell said. If they closed every auction because some kid (used loosely) complains about it they'd soon be out of business and over their heads in defamation lawsuits.

Yep, it's a catch-22. Probably the only way the author could even begin to prove the piracy is to purchase the product himself/herself as initial evidence that the seller in question was selling their work. If you look at the actual damages involved to an infringed author--and I am including myself since I've had work of mine sold on ebay by some of these clowns, they are probably nothing in comparison to what it would cost in time, money and stress to take it through the legal system. And, I suspect 99.99 pct. of these con artists using ebay are sorely lacking in the income department--we have a phrase in English "You can't get blood out of a turnip"-JohnEdit--I need to add and stress, the best way to tackle these clowns is to privately email the authors involved--do NOT post public links to the auctions, as you're just giving the clown another means of someone hitting his/her auction

Never use it!If it's cheap then, it's not legal. It's wonderful getting old, you stop before crossing.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png