Sign in to follow this  
simbol

Immersion Package for NGXu available now!

I think he means that he would like to see a short video clip of this effect.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 hours ago, simbol said:

We have an effect that simulates this already. 

S.

Hi Simbol,

Do all of the immersion packages simulate light reflections on clouds (landing lights and strobes), or is it just the newer packages?

Thanks.

Murray Dreyer

1 hour ago, mdreyer said:

Hi Simbol,

Do all of the immersion packages simulate light reflections on clouds (landing lights and strobes), or is it just the newer packages?

Thanks.

Yes, only the new ones. But they simulate only landing lights illuminating the clouds  "at the moment" 😉

S.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Yes, only the new ones. But they simulate only landing lights illuminating the clouds  "at the moment" 😉

S.

Really? I could swear I have seen volumetric lights in 777 and 787 as well. Product briefings for those seem to agree.

Edited by Evros

25 minutes ago, Evros said:

Really? I could swear I have seen volumetric lights in 777 and 787 as well. Product briefings for those seem to agree.

They have volumetric lights. The question was the effect illuminating clouds.. I will check and revert regarding the old ones.

I know PMDG 747 and TDfi 717 immersion packages do and of course now the NGXu.

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

19 minutes ago, simbol said:

They have volumetric lights. The question was the effect illuminating clouds.. I will check and revert regarding the old ones.

I know PMDG 747 and TDfi 717 immersion packages do and of course now the NGXu.

Regards,

Simbol 

Yes, landing lights also illuminate clouds ahead of you for those aircraft. I'm pretty sure that they do, but I could be off my game on this one so don't regard this as a fact. It's been a while since I have been doing night flying. Looking at nothing but darkness is a bit boring. Well, except on an occasion where you can enjoy the eye candy from immersion products.

Edited by Evros

22 hours ago, willy647 said:

It looks very stunning, but as a pilot I  never step out of the cockpit. Is there any benefit for me ?

I feel the same way. I bought the immersion package for the 787 in FSX Steam but couldn't figure out what the fuss was all about <Shrug>

21 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I feel the same way. I bought the immersion package for the 787 in FSX Steam but couldn't figure out what the fuss was all about <Shrug>

It is very different now using the new Immersion manager:

ui.jpg

You have full interaction and control for the effects :wink:

S.

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I think he means that he would like to see a short video clip of this effect.

Correct, and I can't find anything that shows this.... Oh well

53 minutes ago, kand said:

Correct, and I can't find anything that shows this.... Oh well

This video from the 747 immersion shows it at the beginning of the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9SQC7zSDHk&t=35s

Regards,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

So it's not your landing lights reflecting off the actual cloud textures, more your landing lights reflecting off an effect file placed in front of the camera? 

8 minutes ago, kand said:

So it's not your landing lights reflecting off the actual cloud textures, more your landing lights reflecting off an effect file placed in front of the camera? 

It is exactly as you saw it..clouds looks illuminated by volume lighting.

S.

23 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is exactly as you saw it..clouds looks illuminated by volume lighting.

S.

sorry! Maybe I am missing something? Can you just answer the question, do the LL illuminate/reflect off the actual cloud textures? so will a layer of overcast below be illuminated as you descend through? 

The reason I am being so picky is that when flying through clouds in daylight, you dont get that sensation of speed. HiFi tried to solve this using an effect but its hit and miss and sometimes appears when your not in cloud. 

7 minutes ago, kand said:

sorry! Maybe I am missing something? Can you just answer the question, do the LL illuminate/reflect off the actual cloud textures? so will a layer of overcast below be illuminated as you descend through? 

The reason I am being so picky is that when flying through clouds in daylight, you dont get that sensation of speed. HiFi tried to solve this using an effect but its hit and miss and sometimes appears when your not in cloud. 

What more clear than a video it can be? lol. The effect you saw in the video will be rendered under the circumstances you described. However it will be more visible at night.

HiFi cloud effect is nothing to do with lighting, they are only simulating that you are "passing thru clouds" it is a total different effect.

S.

Has volumetric cloud lighting been improved? With 747, it didn't appear 50% of the times when I was in the cloud or in fog. And when it came on, it came on with a terrible, epileptic flicker.