Sign in to follow this  
simbol

Immersion Package for NGXu available now!

On 3/4/2020 at 7:01 PM, Evros said:

With 747, it didn't appear 50% of the times when I was in the cloud or in fog.

Maybe because you weren't actually passing through solid cloud layers or fog 50% of the time.  If it's at night, how would you know. The more dense the cloud moisture, the brighter the light reflection will be. This is generally what causes the change in brightness and the flickering you experience. It's not simply a solid and constant light reflection.

Edited by ErichB

42 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Maybe because you weren't actually passing through solid cloud layers or fog 50% of the time.  If it's at night, how would you know. The more dense the cloud moisture, the brighter the light reflection will be. This is generally what causes the change in brightness and the flickering you experience. It's not simply a solid and constant light reflection.

A propos why is my night textures for clouds all white at night? I have Skyforce 3D, EF installed .

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just purchased this morning.  Seems I'm getting a lot of shimmering scenery all of a sudden.  Does the program make any changes to the congig file?

Steve G.

Steve Giblin

13 hours ago, ErichB said:

I was. If I switched to outside view, then it was very easy to confirm that I was in reduced visibility. And flickering wasn't caused by changes in cloud density, but it was indeed a source flicker. It also happened when I first switched on landing lights or enabled a preview on ground.

I am aware how things should look and this kind of behavior certainly was not as intended. Not sure how it is at the moment because I haven't had a night flight in 747 since //42 took over. I dont know if they have even improved the 747 Immersion. Now if I'm the only one that has those issues then I clearly need to turn to developer for support. It's just that I always thought that this is as good as it gets because detecting in cloud presence and dynamic shifting is difficult in this ancient sim engine.

And why has this thread been moved to The Bargain Hunter's Shack. What's so bargain about it?

Edited by Evros

I agree, Evros. It makes no sense for this thread to have been moved here.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 hours ago, StewCal said:

Does the program make any changes to the congig file?

No changes.. All effects are injected dynamically.

Regards,

Simbol 

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I don't know why they moved it here..

Simbol 

On 3/7/2020 at 2:35 AM, Christopher Low said:

Except the AVSIM Terms of Service says this is advertising and all commercial advertisements are moved to this forum.  Commercial developers we host on AVSIM are allowed to advertise all they want in their support forums.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

17 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Except the AVSIM Terms of Service says this is advertising and all commercial advertisements are moved to this forum.  

Didn't know that. From now on we will advertise new products here as well. Thanks for clarifying, Jim.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

If anyone is interested in watching the illumination in clouds watch this approach:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/564506887?t=01h46m26s

Regards,

Simbol 

2 hours ago, simbol said:

If anyone is interested in watching the illumination in clouds watch this approach:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/564506887?t=01h46m26s

Regards,

Simbol 

Like what I see there Simbol. Thanks for sharing. Once (if) strobe reflections are included in the package it would be complete for me!

Cheers.

Murray Dreyer

7 hours ago, mdreyer said:

Like what I see there Simbol. Thanks for sharing. Once (if) strobe reflections are included in the package it would be complete for me!

Cheers.

We are working on this and other cool stuff.

We asked Looked Martin for further weather information and their response was very positive, so expect this and more in the future 😉.

Regards,

Simbol