Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

Rhine Tour - Part III

Welcome to the third and final part of our tour along the River Rhine.

This will mainly be a flight through the beautiful Swiss Alps.
We depart from Konstanz (EDTZ) and follow the Swiss Shore of Lake Contance until we reach Altenrhein (LSZR), our first landing. From here we head towards Bad Ragaz (LSZE), our next landing. We follow the river for a longer period until we reach Lake Tuma, the source of the Anterior Rhine. On the way we should keep in mind that we need to climb to about 10.000 ft to get over the higher mountains. Back at Reichnenau (the confluence of the Anterior and Posterior Rhine)
we turn south and follow the Posterior Rhine. After finding the source of the Posterior Rhine we head down towards the Lago Maggiore and land at Locarno (LSZL). After a short break we turn north again and follow the Vallemaggia to Ambri (LSPM), today's destination. Again, clever energy management will be required to cross some higher mountains.

rhineiiit9kdu.jpg

Documentation: Flight plans and a pilots guide can be found here.

Aircraft: The route has 231 nm and so a slower plane will be sufficient. I will be in my A2A T6 Texan, but please fly what you like.

Scenery: We will fly for a short time within ORBX Germany South Region (GES), thereafter ORBX European Landclas would be advisable. A good mesh for the Alps would be perfect to enjoy the scenery.

Time and weather: Please set your clock for a 15:00 hrs local departure. If the real weather is unsuitable we could switch to Thursday, Feburary 17, 12:00 hrs local weather.

Particulars
•    Date and time: March 07, 2020  1900 UTC
•    Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
•    Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
•    Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

There are some German registered T-6s, one of which is a default A2A paint D-FRCP. However, there is a paint by John Terrell in it's later livery, at least up to 2014

north-american-at6-d-frcp-bei-88787.jpg

Get it HERE if you fancy it. I have to say John has made a terrific job of this! Ow! That hurt. :smile:

I've bagged this one: By Tin Scharnhorst.

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

Link in the spreadsheet

Edited by Ron Attwood
Plaudit added

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Wonderful, thank you!

I hope I get my T6 back to work, it will not load anymore. I tried the usual things like deleting P3D.cfg, deleting Shaders, uninstalling and reinstalling, new SimConnect, nothing helps. 

I posted that in the A2A forum and hope they come up with something during the week.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Nice registration Ron! 😂
I believe it is what the pilot says after a notorious ground loop --> "WHAT <registration>!" <-- word not allowed here.. lol

Best of luck to you Gunter.. ((

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Mine's been grounded too. Anyone else planning to use the T-6 may be well advised to do a test run before Saturday, so that alternative arrangements to hire another aircraft can be made.

4 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

NOTAM - SQUIRRELS ON & INVOF ARPT. 😂

Eh? :unsure:

There's some confusion, and I blame A2A for it, about the naming protocols of A2A aircraft and while we're at it, the T-6 in particular.

1: title=A2A North American T-6 Texan blah blah. Older paints, most of which are, will have title=North American T-6 blah blah. When you add that paint it will be put in a different location to all the other T-6s. = irritating

2: ui_manufacturer=North American. Older iterations will be: ui_manufacturer=A2A North American. Once again, muddies the waters.

This of course will only bother people who have installed the T-6 fairly recently and added paints that have been around since Oliver Cromwell got his pilots licence.

Here endeth the last rant of the day.

More tomorrow. :smile:

EDIT: This will only apply to P3Ders

Edited by Ron Attwood

I change my titles always to have A2A as the first letters. That solves that problem.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

32 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

I change my titles always to have A2A as the first letters. That solves that problem.

I noticed. Some haven't, that's what prompted my post.

• Like 1

The official update for the T6 is available.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Same rant here Ron. One of my biggest pet-peeves concerning the devs naming convention of the lines for the aircraft. It's not rocket science is it? Devs just need to name things correctly and there wouldn't be a problem at all!! End of abbreviated rant!. lol

N

Edited by nbrich1