Sign in to follow this  
ark

Falcon50 Thrust Levers Cutoff Sound

I've had a number of requests for a mod that adds sound when the Falcon50s thrust levers are moved into and out of cutoff. So at the DropBox link below is a folder with a modified Falcon_50.cab file that adds the sound. This is a 'simple' solution in that it uses a single sound that is already available for the Falcon and only requires a single file to be updated.

To install the new cab file:

Backup the original Falcon_50.cab file which is in the Falcon50’s panel folder by renaming it Falcon_50_Orig.cab (the panel folder is in the main Falcon50 directory).  Then paste the new Falcon_50.cab file into the panel folder as a replacement for the original Falcon_50.cab file. Then (re)start the sim.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k0my4rq717hxxgt/AAAVlJhzMVPf-NwN4VWeZeqOa?dl=0

Al

Edited by ark

In contrast to the mod above that uses the same sound when the Falcon50s thrust levers are moved either into or out of cutoff, the mod at the link below uses two different sounds very similar to the sounds used in the Lear35.  This mod requires replacing the existing Falcon_50.cab file and pasting two sound wav files into the Faclon50's 'local' sound folder. Instructions are included.

Because of SDK limitations, this 'dual cutoff sounds' update is only for P3Dv4.

Note that FSW has now posted a Falcon50 patch on the Flysimware web site for folks that are having issues with the Falcon, such as stuck lights, etc. The 'throttle cutoff' sound patch described here has been included in that FSW patch, so if you apply the FSW patch there is no need to apply the patch at the link below to add the throttle cutoff sounds.

Al

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auorg13hf5mglz6/Falcon50DualCutoffSounds.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Above is an updated link.

Edited by ark

Question...does a real Falcon 50 (or really a Lear, for that matter, since you know a Lear pilot) have a sound when the throttles are moved to cutoff?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Mace said:

Question...does a real Falcon 50 (or really a Lear, for that matter, since you know a Lear pilot) have a sound when the throttles are moved to cutoff?

Yep, the Lear throttle cutoff sounds you hear where recorded live in the Lear35 Capt Joe flies.

We don't have access to the sounds in the Falcon50, so the two options in the posts above are the best I have to offer at this time to those who want Falcon throttle cutoff sounds. If someone has access to throttle cutoff sound(s) for the Falcon50 (wav files) I can update the relevant code.

Al

Edited by ark

If you downloaded the "dual throttle cutoff sounds" file from the DropBox link above please note I just updated the download file and link. Due to a typo, the original download used the same sound for moving the throttle into and out of cutoff. That has now been fixed and the sounds are different depending on the direction the throttle is moved. Sorry for the confusion.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al:

I just installed this .mdl file today. The sound is great but in my FSX/Win 7 64 Pro system it seems to have affected the autopilot annunciator panel on the console and the alert panel just below the glare shield. The autopilot seems to work normally but the lights are out.

Rick

2 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Hi Al:

I just installed this .mdl file today. The sound is great but in my FSX/Win 7 64 Pro system it seems to have affected the autopilot annunciator panel on the console and the alert panel just below the glare shield. The autopilot seems to work normally but the lights are out.

Rick

Have you tried version 2.0b without any modifications or alternative mdl files?

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, ark said:

Have you tried version 2.0b without any modifications or alternative mdl files?

Al

Yes. I was running straight stick 2.0b and it seemed ok. When I introduced the 32 bit version of the new .mdl, the lights went out. Just in those two areas. I'll try removing the new .mdl just to be sure.

Remind me why you need the modified mdl file with this latest version of the Falcon?

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Remind me why you need the modified mdl file with this latest version of the Falcon?

Al

Ha!!! Got me there! I guess you are ever so politely suggesting I listen when I move the throttles? Of course, I was just going to write to tell you that I installed the modified .mdl on top of the modified .mdl in 2.0b. I've been away from the Falcon for about a year now and you guys have really moved it forward. Without a doubt, this is the best of class. And now on sale!!!

Thanks again Al. All is well.

Rick

1 hour ago, Wink207 said:

All is well.

Super!  😃