Sign in to follow this  
jjmuzz

re-load

🙂

I've had to re-install fsx. I have two problems. 1. I think I have set up the NAV correctly ( gps/nav switch to NAV, fp entered correctly)  however when I activate the AP the aircraft turns to a heading 90 degrees from the entered course. Must be doing something wrong, but can't see what. 2. Can't get the garmin750 screen to be active, mouse clicks result in no action. Know that is a broad question, but the thing I guess is too complex for this simple mind.

Any hint of what aircraft you are flying?  Maybe a screenshot of the A/P panel before takeoff??

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sorry Charlie, I'm so old I can"t remember how to send a print screen, but the aircraft is the fsx Baron, 6-pack, and my autopilot would be set to nav (from hdg after departure), flight plan entered and OK.

Also, FSX Baron 6pack?  is that the default Baron58?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

There is another switch for gps/nav

The gps is probably taking over, if you are navigating by radio

yes  baron 58 and I have the nav/gps set to gps and the autopilot set to NAV

35 minutes ago, jjmuzz said:

yes  baron 58 and I have the nav/gps set to gps and the autopilot set to NAV

Set the Nav/GPS to NAV!  You are setting up a conflict between A/P and GPS

Charlie Aron

the flight plans entered in the flight planner are gps right? That is what I am going under.

OK, It is usually better to use A/P and heading hold (according to takeoff heading and ATC directions) until you are heading in the general direction of the GPS course.  Then turn off heading hold and switch to GPS and the aircraft will follow the GPS course according to the magenta line.

Charlie Aron

I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND RE-INSTALLED FSX. The problem still exists on all fsx autopilots. I start in heading hold then switch to NAV when nearing the flight planned route. The aircraft turns immediately to  a northerly heading, ignoring the course as shown in the fp. This happens when the vor or the gps is used. About to tear hair.

As the members probably knew,the uninstall/reinstall doesn't clear the garbage! I deleted according to instructions on web sites and re-installed.Everything OK now. Thanks all for your patience!

• Like 1