Falcon50 Light Fix Patch Available

46 minutes ago, Gabriellc said:

problem Falcon 50 lights

https://youtu.be/BUIrgkrjywU

Problems

1.- panel lights 

2.- AP (autopilot) modes lights

thanks

Please use a text editor to copy and paste here the [Vcockpit01] section of your current Falcon50 panel.cfg file.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Utilice un editor de texto para copiar y pegar aquí la sección [Vcockpit01] de su archivo Falcon50 panel.cfg actual.

Gracias

Alabama

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color = 0,0,0 
size_mm = 900,900
visible = 1
pixel_size = 900,900
texture = $ gps_1

gauge00 = Falcon_50! SYSTEM, 0,0,2,2
gauge01 = Falcon_50! FUEL_USED, 0,0,2,2
gauge02 = Falcon_50! FUEL_SYS, 0,0,2,2
gauge03 = Falcon_50! CLIC, 0,0,2 , 2
gauge04 = Falcon_50! SONIDOS, 0,0,2,2
gauge05 = Falcon_50! TECLAS, 0,0,2,2
gauge06 = Falcon_50! AP_MODES, 0,0,2,2
gauge07 = Falcon_50! SPD_HOLD, 0,0 , 2,2
gauge08 = Falcon_50! ALT_HOLD, 0,0,2,2
gauge09 = Falcon_50! ENGINES, 0,0,2,2
gauge10 = Falcon_50! START_SYS, 0,0,2,2
gauge11 = Falcon_50! PRESURIZACIÓN, 0 , 0,2,2
gauge12 = Falcon_50! TEMPERATURE, 0,0,2,2
gauge14 = FBGS_XMLSound_x64! FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1, Sound \ FSW # 119
gauge15 = Flysimware_Fuel_Dump_x64! Fuel_Dump, 0,0,2,2
gauge16 = FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE! Navigation_FLIGHT750_1, 0,0,2,2
gauge17 = dsd_p3d_xml_config_x64! config, 5,5,5,5, ./gauges/dsd_F50_xml_config_x64.ini
gauge18=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound,  5,5,5,5,

gauge19=Falcon_50!ANNUNCIATOR,     0,0,2,2

Edited by Gabriellc

1 hour ago, Gabriellc said:

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color = 0,0,0 
size_mm = 900,900
visible = 1
pixel_size = 900,900
texture = $ gps_1

gauge00 = Falcon_50! SYSTEM, 0,0,2,2

gauge19=Falcon_50!ANNUNCIATOR,     0,0,2,2

That looks fine to me, as you had said -- thanks for posting it.

I downloaded and installed the light fix to see if I could duplicate your problem. The only way I could get the lights to fail like in your video was by either making a mistake in the panel.cfg file with the  [Vcockpit01] gauge19 entry, or by using the wrong Falcon_50.cab file in the panel folder. As I assume you know, after making the light bug fix changes, you have to reload the Falcon50 aircraft. In fact, I would even try restarting P3D to make sure the changes take effect.

If I still had your problem, I would try re-downloading the light fix from the FSW website just in case the first download was bad for some reason, and then replace the Falcon_50.cab file in the panel folder, and the Falcon50_interior.MDL file in the model folder, with the new files. When you replace the existing files, the system should ask you if you really want to replace them, as should of happened the first time you made these changes unless you had renamed the original files to back them up.   I would then restart the sim.

I don't have any other ideas right now.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, ark said:

That looks fine to me, as you had said -- thanks for posting it.

I downloaded and installed the light fix to see if I could duplicate your problem. The only way I could get the lights to fail like in your video was by either making a mistake in the panel.cfg file with the  [Vcockpit01] gauge19 entry, or by using the wrong Falcon_50.cab file in the panel folder. As I assume you know, after making the light bug fix changes, you have to reload the Falcon50 aircraft. In fact, I would even try restarting P3D to make sure the changes take effect.

If I still had your problem, I would try re-downloading the light fix from the FSW website just in case the first download was bad for some reason, and then replace the Falcon_50.cab file in the panel folder, and the Falcon50_interior.MDL file in the model folder, with the new files. When you replace the existing files, the system should ask you if you really want to replace them, as should of happened the first time you made these changes unless you had renamed the original files to back them up.   I would then restart the sim.

I don't have any other ideas right now.

Al

Download again before making the video and replace the Falcon_50.cab and Falcon50_interior.MDL files according to the version of P3D V4.4-V4.5 MODEL that I use.

49 minutes ago, Gabriellc said:

Download again before making the video and replace the Falcon_50.cab and Falcon50_interior.MDL files according to the version of P3D V4.4-V4.5 MODEL that I use.

Good thinking.

The only other ideas would be to make sure you have deleted all Falcon saved flights, make the default F-35 as your default flight, load the F-35 onto the runway, and then switch to the Falcon. It that doesn't help, then I would uninstall the Falcon50, then delete any Falcon related files that might have been left over after the uninstall, reinstall the Falcon, and then try the light fix again.

Wish I had some better ideas.

I will ask Mark at FSW to look at your video to see what he might suggest.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

I was looking at the [Vcockpit01] section above of your panel.cfg file again, and noticed some of the words were changed because of language differences. I assume that is not how your panel.cfg file really looks, but just happen because of the text editor that you used to paste the info here -- correct?

Al

Edited by ark

Here is something to try. Under [Vcockpit01] in your panel.cfg file, comment out gauge 19 like this with two slashes and save the panel.cfg file.

// gauge19=Falcon_50!ANNUNCIATOR,     0,0,2,2

Then reload the Falcon50 and see if anything is different. If nothing is different, it means gauge19 is not being used, or 'seen' by the system, and we need to figure out why.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Good thinking.

The only other ideas would be to make sure you have deleted all Falcon saved flights, make the default F-35 as your default flight, load the F-35 onto the runway, and then switch to the Falcon. It that doesn't help, then I would uninstall the Falcon50, then delete any Falcon related files that might have been left over after the uninstall, reinstall the Falcon, and then try the light fix again.

Wish I had some better ideas.

I will ask Mark at FSW to look at your video to see what he might suggest.

Al

I never keep flights. :sad:
uninstall falcon 50 and delete files inside p3d aircraft folder reinstall version 1.9H add RolASNRadar WX Radar to panel.cfg file without lights bug fix

check the video everything works

https://youtu.be/o2CO3bqYsSA

cheers !

3 minutes ago, Gabriellc said:

I never keep flights. :sad:
uninstall falcon 50 and delete files inside p3d aircraft folder reinstall version 1.9H add RolASNRadar WX Radar to panel.cfg file without lights bug fix

check the video everything works

https://youtu.be/o2CO3bqYsSA

cheers !

Great!! Glad you got it working -- now we both can get some sleep.  😊

Al

• Like 1

I have been unable to get this working trying everything in this thread. I'm not super knowledgeable on development for P3D, but it doesn't appear that there is any ANNUNCIATOR xml files in the Falcon_50 cab file which I assume that line in the panel.cfg is looking for.

Also I don't know if it helps, but sometimes the falcon loads in halfway between cold and dark and a startup state. Sometimes the attitude indicator all the battery, fuel, and engine switches load in turned on, sometimes they don't.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, Pineapple_Wizard said:

I have been unable to get this working trying everything in this thread. I'm not super knowledgeable on development for P3D, but it doesn't appear that there is any ANNUNCIATOR xml files in the Falcon_50 cab file which I assume that line in the panel.cfg is looking for.

Hi,

If you have downloaded the 'light-fix' from

link has been removed

as mentioned above in this thread, the Falcon_50.cab file that is a part of the fix certainly does contain an annunciator.xml file. If you have expanded the cab file and don’t see the annunciator.xml file, then somehow you are looking at the wrong version of the cab file (maybe you are looking at the original Falcon_50.cab file). The fix download also includes an updated Falcon50_interior.MDL file that was modified to work with the annunciator.xml file in the cab file.

Al

Edited by ark

52 minutes ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

Also I don't know if it helps, but sometimes the falcon loads in halfway between cold and dark and a startup state. Sometimes the attitude indicator all the battery, fuel, and engine switches load in turned on, sometimes they don't.

My guess would be that you may sometimes be loading in a saved flight, or loading the Falcon after another a/c that was powered up to some degree. If you have any saved Falcon 50 saved flights, I would delete them all at least until things are working correctly. I would also suggest that you make the default F-35 your default flight, and after that 'loads' into the spinning P3D preview window, switch to the Falcon 50. Or better yet, load the F-35 onto the runway, and then switch to the Falcon 50. A number of us have found this has helped to solve some strange problems. I think it has to do with making sure sim variables are initialized correctly. A number of developers, like PMDG, warn against loading a complex aircraft, which the Falcon 50 certainly is, without first loading a default a/c. For reasons I can't explain, starting with the F-35 works better for me than other default a/c like the F-22.

Al

Edited by ark

13 hours ago, ark said:

Hi,

If you have downloaded the 'light-fix' from

https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-falcon-50/

as mentioned above in this thread, the Falcon_50.cab file that is a part of the fix certainly does contain an annunciator.xml file. If you have expanded the cab file and don’t see the annunciator.xml file, then somehow you are looking at the wrong version of the cab file (maybe you are looking at the original Falcon_50.cab file). The fix download also includes an updated Falcon50_interior.MDL file that was modified to work with the annunciator.xml file in the cab file.

Al

Interesting, I've just downloaded it again and opened the cab file and still no annunciator xml. Here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/4JxHfi6

I'll also give loading default aircraft a go.

38 minutes ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

Interesting, I've just downloaded it again and opened the cab file and still no annunciator xml. Here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/4JxHfi6

I'll also give loading default aircraft a go.

You are correct -- my sincere apologies!  I just redownloaded the Missing Panel Lights Fix and I think Mark updated the download file and somehow the wrong Falcon_50 cab file got inserted into the fix. I have uploaded the 'correct' Falcon_50 cab file to my dropbox. You can download it from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87vt0n6iljmbfk0/Falcon_50.CAB?dl=0

I will talk to Mark as soon as I can and get the "fix fixed".

Sorry for the confusion,

Al

Edited by ark