Sign in to follow this  
jfrex

Phenom 300 GTN 750 Integration Mod Update

The Phenom 300 single and dual GTN mod is ready for testing. This is a rework of the GTN 750 mod posted on the Flight1 File Library system on January 2017, and includes a completely revised EIS gauge pages for Engine, System, and Fuel planning with all live gauges and real operating parameters and alerts. A dual GTN version is also included. Configuration panel.cfg options are provided for both Flight1 and RTX GTN modules.

Phenom300 Alerts

GTN MFD ENHANCEMENTS

Two configurations options are provided for the placement of the GTN gauges in the MFD cockpit, a single GTN 750, and dual side by side GTN 750s. In the single GTN, the EIS gauges are displayed vertically on the left side and the GTN fills the rest of the screen. For the dual GTN’s version, the EIS pages are displayed below the GTN gauges.

Each option has its advantages and disadvantages. The single GTN screen is larger and easier on the eyes, while the dual GTN setup allows for two different pages to be displayed simultaneously, albeit on a smaller scale. The horizontal EIS pages on the dual GTN setup have larger fonts and values are less crammed than in the vertical EIS format. 

Modified cockpit panel textures are provided for the single and dual configuration options. Each texture basically changes the layout of the bottom softkeys that interact with the EIS pages, as well as modifications for the right bezel buttons, to add direct shortcuts to the Home, DTO, default GPS (Unit1,Unit2,Sim GPS), and stock MFD popup. 

Different panel configuration options are provided for each GTN setup both for F1 GTN and RTX GTN. These include the addition of a weather radar gauge or a secondary GTN 650 (only available in the single GTN alternative) in place of the MFD GCU keypad in the lower cockpit panel. Specific textures are provided for these gauges.

In addition to the revised EIS pages, a number of modifications and additional features are included in the GTN MFD gauge for the Phenom 300: 

• The PFD CDI is now crosslinked to the GTN CDI.  Switching the GTN CDI will automatically set the PFD CDI source. Previously, the changes in the PFD CDI could change the GTN CDI source, but not the other way.  Now if the GPS is guiding to an ILS approach, once the GTN switches to Localizer CDI mode, the PFD will automatically engage into NAV1 CDI mode. The PFD’s CDI soft key retains its original functionality and can override the GTN if desired.

• Automatic Thrust Reserve (ATR) functionality is enabled. The default mode for the ATR is off, and can be enabled via the ENG SET softkey button in the EIS Engine page to engage the Takeoff Reserve power setting or thru the 2D stock MFD.  It will provide an extra 4 percent power when on. The ATR is automatically enabled under one engine operation, and it will automatically disengage after 20 minutes operation. As in the real aircraft, temperature must be set before enabling the ATR ON button.

• The engine igniter switches are functional.  The engine will not start if its igniter switch is set to OFF.

• The transponder settings are automatically controlled by the GTN MFD. The PFD’s XPDR mode (STBY, ON, ALT) will be switched to STBY on the ground, to ON below 500’ AGL and to ALT mode over 500’ AGL.

1. Oxygen tank’s initial quantity is set to full at startup when fuel capacity is greater that 70%, else it is set as percentage of fuel capacity. Consumption is calculated based on 5 hrs. duration with 1850 lbs. with the Oxygen valve open and altitude above 10000 MSL. No dispatch CAS warnings will appear on the EIS gauge if pressure is below 730 psi.

• Landing field elevation warning will remain flashing until field elevation is changed. The LFE adjustment bottom soft keys have been added to the PFD accessible thru the System EIS page. Cabin altitude is set to density altitude on initialization.

• Cockpit animations for side sunshades and instrument reflections are enabled on a cold cockpit, and are disabled when battery power is available.

• Pushback can be activated by the Cabin ALT switch on the lower panel. Left click releases the parking brake and toggles the pushback on, while right click disables the Push back (parking brake is not re-engaged). The original functionality of the Cabin Alt switch is not affected by this change, and will continue to work inflight.

• Visual and aural altitude capture alerts at 1000 and 100’ have been incorporated in the PFD.

• Ground Power mode has been added to power up the Shed Bus while on ground with ENG2 running. When active, the turbine will enter in power reduction mode. Setting the Engine1 starter switch on will disengage Ground Power mode, disconnect the Shed Bus, and restore Engine2 to its normal idle.

• Ground spoilers are automatically enabled by the full flaps setting and automatically retracted on speed below 30 knots, increase throttle, or flap retraction from FULL position. Speed brakes can manually activated via the cockpit switch, or programmed to a joystick or throttle quadrant lever or button.

• Forward recognition strobe lights have been added, activated via the Effects switch in the overhead cabin light panel. Two options are provided for two-flash and three-flash strobe effects. The strobes are automatically disabled when the landing or taxi light is activated.

• Flap activation turns recognition strobes off and will activate the landing lights if airspeed greater than 30 knots.

• Pressure gauges are modeled to be live and more realistic. Consumption of oxygen will commence above FL100 if the cutoff O2 valve is open, and no pressure readings are shown if the corresponding shutoff valves are closed (hydraulic, bleed air, ECS, Oxygen).

• The emergency brake reserve accumulator tank is programmed to provide up to six applications of the emergency brakes (parking lever) if no system hydraulic pressure is available. If the accumulator pressure falls below 475 psi, the emergency/parking brakes will not engage.

• Master brightness control for the PFDs, MFDs and EFIS has been incorporated in the Audio panel’s Pilot/Passenger volume knob (above the Display Backup red button), and will adjust the brightness levels in the PFD, MFD (EIS section), and the EFIS. Very useful to tone down the SVS brightness.

• Inflight fuel, time and distance statistics are provided in the corresponding EIS page in the MFD. Some of the computations such as endurance reserves, fuel required, reserve fuel at destination, rely on flight plan data variables which the GTN 750 does not provide, and must be obtained from the FSX / P3D sim’s legacy flight plan. Creating and loading a flight plan with departure and destination waypoints will provide the sufficient data these computations. More accuracy can be achieved by loading a more complete flight plan by using apps like Little NavMap to export flight plans to both the GTN and the sim’s flight planner.

• Cruise speed control (CSC) functionality is added to the Autopilot and enabled by the CSC button in the AP panel, the selected speed above the airspeed ribbon in the PFD will turn from cyan to green when enabled. This must be enabled in the aircraft.cfg file autopilot parameters. CSC will disengage under over speed or under speed conditions, and below 500’ AGL. 

All gauge parameter and limits have been modeled to the real Phenom 300, and all cockpit switches are live switches, and deviations from normal will be reflected on the CAS alerts, and in the gauges as well.   

Phenom 300 GTN 750 - 650

Phenom 300 Dual GTN -VNAV TOD

The Mod also includes revised panel textures for the single and dual panel option.

If you want to help in the final beta testing phase, please drop me a PM with your email address and I will send you the download link.

Safe landings,

Jorge

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Wow, looks great !!

I am already looking forward to this modification 😁

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Fantastic job!. PM sent.

Cheers, ED

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Silly question, but will this mod work on the Phenom 100 as well?

Cheers, Nathan

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

No, it won't.  The VC gauge variables are not exactly the same.

I will have the Phenom 100 ready for beta test in a few days.

Jorge

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Thank you for your quick reply Jorge, so looking forward to this mod 😊😉

Cheers, Nathan

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

Hi Fellows how do i get the new modification for the phenom 300? i have the complete F1GTN package ty

PM Sent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

I flew a couple of legs last night with this mod in place and wow - I'm super impressed! The avionics now do everything I'd want a Carenado plane to do! Amazing work, Jorge!

• Upvote 1

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Thank you very much. This is a great modification that adds a lot more realism to the Carenado Phenom 300.