Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

Windows 10 update this past weekend & P3D

On Sunday, my PC did an automatic Windows 10 upgrade. It didn’t look like a minor one, either.  Since then many things have been wonky on my PC.  Cut & paste hasn’t always worked on webpages, Outlook 265 displayed emails wrong.  

I started P3D beginning with free flight as usual.  After selecting the aircraft and clicking START to begin flying, the screen turned all white.  It allowed me to do a quick pixel check on my computer, but otherwise nothing happened. Had to go to Task Manager to get out of P3D.  Started P2D again, and this time the aircraft display window was all white.  Did a restart on the computer.  After that things worked ok. Some of the other stuff still wonky.  

Tonight, P3D crashed a few times.  The faulting module was the facilities.dll file.  First time for that one.  

Do we have another “Fall Creator” Microsoft disaster looming?

Thanks

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Last update 14th on my PC go to settings/update & security and check when and what update was installed.

PS my PC never auto updates it`s set to notify me before update.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Not sure if its coincidence but i generally have a stable P3D install and system in general. 

Something has recently upset it and i have had to do a system restore twice in a week or so.  It does seem to me to be Windows related as well as I had Google Chrome crash and needed to reinstall as well.  Admittedly i have added three scenery files but i am not convinced they are the culprits - two were manual installs.  

Very frustrating, i really hate these windows auto updates.  Have never been able to stop them occurring however.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Could you say which updates you suspect?
I have KB4537572 and KB4535996 waiting to be downloaded and installed.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

What does the facilites.dll file have to do with a Windows 10 update?

1 hour ago, agutz said:

Installed those two yesterday and so far I haven't seen a negative impact on P3D or my PC.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

15 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Installed those two yesterday and so far I haven't seen a negative impact on P3D or my PC.

Cheers, Ed

Same here, no issues from last two Windows updates.

Seems fine here.  Could always try a repair or revert to a backup/restore point and retry.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

6 hours ago, agutz said:

I have both of these installed and no issues at all.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

8 hours ago, agutz said:

Everything working just great for me after these updates.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

"KB4535996 update installs, but they see random freeze issues, BSOD errors, and other performance-related issues. Some PCs that have sound cards inside lose sound card functionality after the update is installed. "

Help here if you need it.

Windows 10 KB4535996 Update

This sort of aggravation is why I use the Pro version of Win 10 on my sim machines and keep the "choose when updates are installed" sliders set to delay updates--by 30 days for quality updates and 365 days for feature updates.

Before I manually force the update (by removing the delay settings and clicking on the "check for updates" button) I do a full system backup and a web search for these sorts of trouble reports.  I don't usually allow an update until at least two weeks after it's released into the wild.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I had the same big update referenced above.  I had 2 flights crash after the update...stackhash and Kernal.dll I think.  Has been ok since though.

Steve Giblin

From what I can tell, KB4535996 has not been downloaded nor installed yet.  KB4537572 just downloaded and is ready to be installed. There were 4 updates installed on 2/15/2020, but do not see the update that the computer said was going to be installed on 3/1/2020 (last Sunday).   Hummmmm….

I wonder if I had busted install last Sunday? 

I'm going to try to update now and see what happens. 

Thanks everyone!

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS