Sign in to follow this  
planemaniac89

GTN 750 Black Screen/Trainer Issues (resolved)

Hi,

I recently installed my GTN750 in P3Dv4, once again, I have a black screen on the unit after installing it in an airplane. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have tried running the trainer multiple times, I ensured that I did not install the program as an administrator, I ensured that this is not an antivirus issue. I am now having issues installing the trainer as I tried to install it in a folder other than my boot drive. I tried to fully uninstall the trainer, and remove all of my registry entries. Now when I go to install the trainer it takes 5 seconds to install (which isn't normal) and says "installation successful" and there is no trace of the trainer anywhere on my computer. If anyone could please provide some insight that would be appreciated. This is the 3rd time I have installed this product since I've bought it and it has yet to work correctly. Thank you.

-Noah

8 minutes ago, planemaniac89 said:

Hi,

I recently installed my GTN750 in P3Dv4, once again, I have a black screen on the unit after installing it in an airplane. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have tried running the trainer multiple times, I ensured that I did not install the program as an administrator, I ensured that this is not an antivirus issue. I am now having issues installing the trainer as I tried to install it in a folder other than my boot drive. I tried to fully uninstall the trainer, and remove all of my registry entries. Now when I go to install the trainer it takes 5 seconds to install (which isn't normal) and says "installation successful" and there is no trace of the trainer anywhere on my computer. If anyone could please provide some insight that would be appreciated. This is the 3rd time I have installed this product since I've bought it and it has yet to work correctly. Thank you.

-Noah

It should not be necessary to uninstall / reinstall the trainer.

Why try to install it in a non-default location? 

I would go with the defaults and get it working first... then later, you can try non standard locations if you feel the need..

The default location for the Garmin GTN trainer is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin

look for it there..

Bert

Bert,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to reinstall it because I read something on this forum about permissions. When I went to go check, the folder that the trainer in didn't have full administrator rights. It was my mistake to assume that this was the issue. I have fully removed the trainer, and can now not reinstall it. At this point I don't know what the next step is.

-Noah

Hi,

Do you have any 'trainer' reference when you open Windows Settings > Apps ?

If so what about clicking each of these and select uninstall from there?

Then which trainer are you trying to reinstall?

If this is a full installer previously saved you're good to go.

Otherwise, Garmin has just released a new 6.62.3 bug fix this morning and we're working on this right now.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

The trainer issue might be an error on my part. I need to fully uninstall it (which it won't let me do) so I need so figure out how to do that. It's giving me a program cache error. And to answer your question, yes, I have a trainer in my apps.

-Noah

37 minutes ago, planemaniac89 said:

Okay, so I have the trainer issue solved. I'm still getting the black screen on the 750.

Assuming that you have the GTN Trainer and the RXP GTN gauge correctly installed..

Which airplane are you installing the GTN into?  Does the popup GTN window work?

Does the P3D Addons menu give you the ability to set up an RXP GTN750?

Give us some details so we can help you.. :happy:

Bert

42 minutes ago, planemaniac89 said:

Okay, so I have the trainer issue solved.

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Q: Then which trainer are you trying to reinstall?

If this is a full installer previously saved you're good to go.

Otherwise, Garmin has just released a new 6.62.3 bug fix this morning and we're working on this right now.

In doubt, just peek into the RXP log files and this will tell you whether the issue is related to the trainer version.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

Sorry for being so vague Pete. The aircraft in question is the A2A 172. I have selected the Reality XP 750 preset in the aircraft config program. When I load the aircraft the other avionics turn on, but not the 750. When I click on the side bezels of the unit in the cockpit, it pops up, appears as a 2D unit, but again, black screen. And yes, I am able to configure via the Addons menu. I had a similar problem before, but this was solved by selecting the F1 GTN in the A2A config program, and using the GTN 750 in the Addons menu with no bezels. Trying this fix this time doesn't resolve the black screen.

Jean-Luc, where can I find these RXP log files?

Thanks.

-Noah

Edited by RXP

Jean Luc,

This is what I get from rxpgtnsim.dll

20/03/06 00:06:44.101 12948 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.22.2
20/03/06 00:06:44.101 12948 INFO ]
20/03/06 00:06:45.356 12948 ERROR] trainer not found
20/03/06 00:06:45.359 12948 INFO ] installed:
20/03/06 00:06:45.360 12948 INFO ] 6620 nav: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\

-Noah

1 hour ago, planemaniac89 said:

Hi,

Sorry for being so vague Pete. The aircraft in question is the A2A 172. I have selected the Reality XP 750 preset in the aircraft config program.

Who is Pete?

I do not have the a2a C172, but I do have the C182 which offers an F1 GTN, but no RXP GTN.. Is the C172 different?  :unsure:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Ugh, long day. Sorry Bert. I was reading your last name and thought "Pete", then I typed it. I've seen you on these forums for years, trust that I know your first name.

-Noah

Edited by planemaniac89