Sign in to follow this  
simtom

March 5th, 2020 – Development Update

Stay well Asobo crew. We all wish you well as that is the most important thing right now, your health.  

Um, but hey, this isn't an animated flat surface! omg! 

Whitecaps-2048x808.png

Just hope nobody says the waves are too big, or they get a fry pan in the face 😕

Edited by Casualcas
  • Like 13

Super thrilled Cape Town (SlidHydra647449) is getting some love!

Not so chuffed all the coming news (so tantalising!) is being delayed another week - like finding on Xmas Day when you rush through to the tree in the morning to open the presents, only to find an empty tree, and the briefest of notes from Santa ... "Rudolf's gone down with the Corona virus, and the whole team is stuck in quarantine!"  word not allowed!  .... I've been impatiently ticking the hours off - one by one - since the last delay ... and now ... the stress of the dashed expectations of a 5 year-old all over again  ... Sigh!

🤣

All I would say to the devs put you and your family`s Health first MSFS can wait we are not going anywhere, stay safe.

PS I'm still flying my sim so no sweat.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, pinlifter said:

Beautiful screenies! I’d love to see an alpha tester screenshot flying the 747 as I don’t think there’s been one yet

AFAIK there are only 9 aircrafts or so on the alpha. None of them jets. So we have to wait for B747 photos. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simtom said:

DR Roadmap update preview for April/May (this is going to be worth paying attention to).

I'm hoping for some VR news. I've had my Reverb for a week now and it took my flight sim hobby to a new level.

• Like 4

Looks like this sim will have more realistic water than Ship Simulator...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pinlifter said:

Beautiful screenies! I’d love to see an alpha tester screenshot flying the 747 as I don’t think there’s been one yet

According to someone on YouTube, the current Alpha doesn't have any jets.

45 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Those blown-out highlights would benefit a lot from capable monitors or TVs

I think they look more theatrical that way. It's ok to have blown out highlights. IMO - when HDR was starting to be implemented - stuff started look fake and over digitized. 

36 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Stay well Asobo crew

Washington state has been hit really bad with COVID-19, so I suspect a lot of those health concerns in this post were also pointed largely at the Microsoft crew back in Seattle. Either way - I'm really hoping everyone stays safe. 

Edited by Bdub22

Great screenshots! That water looks phenomenal. Also the autogen looks really good I think. Could that be a moving train there in Sion? Only the rocks in Jordan and Peru look a bit weird.

• Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Best wishes and good health to the team; will look forward to more updates when you can get them out.

Thanks for today's update, lots of new screenies to enjoy!

Ken

23 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I think they look more theatrical that way. It's ok to have blown out highlights. IMO - when HDR was starting to be implemented - stuff started look fake and over digitized. 

It might depend on the implementation, but at least on most movies I find that HDR gives a much more natural look, making SDR look rather flat in comparison. Still, something like this would be a setting that can be turned off, and there is already an HDR logo on the site which suggests they are adding support. I'm just asking that it's not limited to consoles, like some games do.

• Like 2

Bucharest Romania.

Bucharest in slightly faded colors in FS but remains a city of choice for future flights with all possible improvements.

k3TwXNS.jpg

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

26 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It might depend on the implementation, but at least on most movies I find that HDR gives a much more natural look, making SDR look rather flat in comparison. Still, something like this would be a setting that can be turned off, and there is already an HDR logo on the site which suggests they are adding support. I'm just asking that it's not limited to consoles, like some games do.

Totally agree. Having options is always the best way to go! And as always - it comes down to personal preference. 

• Like 1