Sign in to follow this  
DrSpoon54

concerns about servers

hi,

The cloud system proposed by asobo seems great since it brings great levels of realism, but I have to say I'm a little concerned about the carbon footprint. We all know that streaming in general eats tons of energy, so...

Since Microsoft has money, maybe they could lesser their foot print with alternative energies, like solar panels...

What do you thing guys?

7 minutes ago, DrSpoon54 said:

hi,

The cloud system proposed by asobo seems great since it brings great levels of realism, but I have to say I'm a little concerned about the carbon footprint. We all know that streaming in general eats tons of energy, so...

Since Microsoft has money, maybe they could lesser their foot print with alternative energies, like solar panels...

What do you thing guys?

The climate will benefit from all of us geeks staying home 24/7 playing the game and not be out there generating serious consumption such as flying real airplanes

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

The climate will benefit from all of us geeks staying home 24/7 playing the game and not be out there generating serious consumption such as flying real airplanes

👍

I think MS has been quite aware of their carbon footprint long before the streaming FS data came about.

Bernard

We keep making a big deal out of this streaming thing for all the wrong reasons..

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, DrSpoon54 said:

hi,

What do you thing guys?

This MSFS Forum just gets crazier by the day.

The planet is going to be ruined by my use of this software. Uh Oh I think there other other pressing issues to worry about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, and perhaps by the time MSFS 2020 is released, it may be something to pass the time while everyone is self-quarantined in place, and the only commercial aircraft flying will be on flight sims😒  

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

This MSFS Forum just gets crazier by the day.

The planet is going to be ruined by my use of this software. Uh Oh I think there other other pressing issues to worry about.

Bear inn mind that MSFS will not be the ONLY game that will be streamed.Halo, probably the most popular, had 3 million gamers during the 1st launch week.

There are the rumoured games available at launch: So, the streaming of games is going to be hectic. Remember as well, these are very established games, with millions of users. So, how will MSFS feature?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Carbon negative ??? 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

12 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Carbon negative ??? 

🤣🤣🤣