Sign in to follow this  
limblessdwarf

Autogen buildings but no autogen trees in Europe?

So I've encountered a strange problem and I'm not sure what has started it. I could swear I used to have trees in among the buildings in my sim when flying in Europe but I don't anymore. I have orbx global installed, no vector. I have verified the files, made sure all orbx stuff is up to date. I have played around with the scenery library and different priority orders but nothing seems to work. Its even more strange because it seems to be fine in North America, but at Belfast, Heathrow, Amsterdam, Paris I have no trees. Whereas at Newark I do. Yet in the European airports I have autogen buildings just no trees, except tiny clusters of them that seem to appear on hills. Anyone else experienced this or know whats up?

https://imgur.com/a/NeqGtMJ Imgur link showing the problem

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adam.

Might be an orbx lclookup problem. I know I’ve had this problem before and it’s definitely an orbx issue.

Can't remember how many times now I've seen somebody post this issue 🙂

I've had this problem myself a while ago and it took me quite a while to find out that, in my case, it was caused by sceneries that were using the addon.xml system to notify custom Autogen to the sim. Once I disabled those addons, all my autogen trees came back. Once I figured what addons were the issue, I simply disabled their Autogen entries, and that way I could use the scenery and have my autogen trees globally - I just wouldn't have any custom autogen at those specific sceneries. You might want to check any sceneries you might have installed by TropicalSim and Richer Simualtions.

Mind you, I don't think it's necessarily these sceneries that are to blame. I think there is some sort of incompatibility here with OrbX, but I would have no idea on how to tackle it...

Now, with MY issue, I still had some trees here and there, depending on the specific landclass tile that was displayed at that location. If you have no trees whatsoever, anywhere, then it might be a different problem...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yea, I tried lots of different things I found on the forum but nothing was working. Even uninstalled and reinstalled orbx global, still didnt help. It definitely seems that its a landclass tile thing, as the trees here and there in Europe that appear are on forest like tiles that are the majority around the US airports that I get trees. So not sure how to fix the fact that it doesnt put trees on majority European tiles, its a strange one.

Edited by limblessdwarf

I just installed ORBX Kos and all my trees disappeared.

I removed the Autogen lines in the Add-on.xml file and deleted the Autogen folder.

Now I have my trees back.

Chris.

1 hour ago, limblessdwarf said:

Yea, I tried lots of different things I found on the forum but nothing was working. Even uninstalled and reinstalled orbx global, still didnt help. It definitely seems that its a landclass tile thing, as the trees here and there in Europe that appear are on forest like tiles that are the majority around the US airports that I get trees. So not sure how to fix the fact that it doesnt put trees on majority European tiles, its a strange one.

Not strange at all - I already gave you the answer, though it doesn't seem you did what I suggested yet? Don't bother understanding the logic of 'why there is a tree here but not there'. What you are describing here is exactly what I experienced.

Like I said, go check to see if there are any Autogen assignments done through addon.xml. If yes, remove them. If you're not sure how to do this, download Lorbi's P3Dv4 addon organizer (https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html).

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Ok, I'll give that a try Bejamin, I'm not the greatest with PCs so I'll try what you suggested. Thanks for the help.

Adam

Feel free to ask for more guidance if necessary. It’d be good to start with any sceneries you might have installed recently. If you can remember what they might have been, we can try to think if they include third party Autogen.

Benjamin van Soldt

Have you installed any airports that make use of Autogen Configuration Merger?

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

1 hour ago, Bob R said:

Have you installed any airports that make use of Autogen Configuration Merger?

Right, that's a good point. Besides my earlier suggestion, absolutely make sure that ACM is not allowed to run. If an addon scenery asks you to run it, DON'T let it.

Benjamin van Soldt

I've found ACM to be a pain to deal with, finding little information on exactly how it works or how it should be properly installed. Having it configured incorrectly, along with not having autogen folders properly set up, you end up with missing trees and other problems. However, once it's configured properly you get the custom autogen for your addon and there are no missing trees.

I've read that P3D now supports new ways of adding autogen, but I'm not familiar with how this functions yet.

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

I found the offending scenery, when I uninstalled the Gaya Simulations Kos scenery my trees have come back.

Thank you all for your help I greatly appreciate it.

Adam.

Made an account just to help with this issue. like Benjamin Said it has to do with ADD ON scenery interfering with ORBX autogen. I disabled scenery by developer at a time, for example i first disabled all of my fly tampa addons then restarted sim and see if that solved the issue. the i did the same with imagine sim, latin vfr...etc for me what was causing my trees not to fully show was the flytampa sceneries. anyways i disabled that scenery autogen in the addon.xml and problem solved