Sign in to follow this  
kekelekou

FSX/P4D : KCFS Seabee Redux is out! Many fixes!

Hello!

I am pleased to announce that my update and improvement pack for the payware KCFS Seabee (available at Aerosoft and Simmarket for 20€) is now available at the File Library.

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=216710

This package fixes and improves many glitches of the otherwise pleasing KCFS Seabee, including:
- corrected throttle, mixture and pitch levers' animation
- vintage radio set replaced by Jon Dyer's KY196A and KT70 with 3D models in the VC
GPS295 added in the VC; consistency of switches positions and actions
- flaps and landing gear actuations much more realistic now

Reminder : as stated in the README file, XMLTools (available at FSDeveloper) is required for proper landing gear animation and radio freq storage.

Bonus livery of OH-EGA is included (real life Finnish Seabee now at display at Lusto, the Finnish Forest Museum in PunkaHarju).

I don't own P3Dv4, but I have added instructions and files that SHOULD make the avionics click sounds play in this sim. No warranty about that though, feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks to Kevin from KCFS for allowing me to release modified MDL files, Jon Dyer for the avionics gauges, David W for the GSP295 model and JanKees for the livery template.

Hope you like it!

49487326362_690ce67b97_b.jpg

49487116726_af0f8c658c_o.jpg
Edited by kekelekou
  • Upvote 2

SWEET! I'm off to give the Mighty Tadpole (my fictitious paintjob on the Seabee) a small avionics refit! Thank you. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Glad you like it!

By the way, it seems that the fix requires a small fix (reversed positions for gear and flap levers). I will release a patch in the next few days.

Stay tuned!

• Like 1

1. Here is the changelog of the incoming Redux v2 as an appetizer:

- Gear and Flaps levers animations now match the markings on the floor, corrected tooltips
    - The G keystroke triggers the handpump just like a left-click on the handpump lever, so that gear and flaps actuation is possible without focusing on the lever
    - The standard events triggered by the keystrokes G (toggle landing gear), F5, F6, F7 and F8 (full or incremented lowering or raising of flaps) are disabled. Please use the reallife procedure explained below.
    - Documentation of the deletion of the passenger model
    - Visual improvement of the radio background texture to match the panel overall style.
    - Hand pump and gear locking sounds toned down a bit...
    - Aircraft data updated in aircraft.cfg : empty weight corrected to 2190lb and rendering of the lack of aileron and rudder trim (aileron_trim_effectiveness and rudder_trim_effectiveness changed from 1.0 to 0.0 in [flight_tuning] section), no more autopilot
    - Generator is now synced to the battery switch to avoid battery depletion
    - The "Gyro Drift Adjust" tooltip gives the needle position in deg
    - The Kohlsman tooltip gives the setting in both inHg and hPa

49641389347_53874b5659_o.jpg

49640591383_9b74988b4a_o.jpg

can anyone advise if the Seabee works in F3D v4 (x64)?

Also where can it be bought?

A search of the link and Simmarket didn't bring it up?

cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Rogen I purchased mine on flightsim.com

Cheers

JJ

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Lovely modification package for a great little aircraft - thank you!

One question though: when I load up the Seabee Redux, I get a continuous double beeping sound every few seconds. It sounds like a warning of some sort and it persists for the entire flight but I have repeatedly checked everything and I cannot find any source for it! Any ideas would be appreciated. BTW I am using FSX Acceleration on Win 7 64-bit.

Thanks,

Bill