Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

No Video on Fraps

Not sure if this is the right forum for this topic.  I've tried customer support with Fraps many times, the're either sleeping, died, or they don't support their product any more.

I record Fraps in PD3v4 in Win 10 and I no longer get any video on playback, I get audio but no video since January.

I'm not sure if this is a Win10 update problem or a Fraps issue.  Since no response from Fraps, maybe someone here can help or direct me.  It records in AVI format and I've tried to convert the file to different formats eg., mp4 etc to see if I can get a video feed, but no go.

Thanks in advance,

Gnacino

Or try W10 game recording capability.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

18 hours ago, bobbyjack said:

Or try W10 game recording capability.

What is that? W10 game recording?

Gnacino

W10  game recording is a built in feature of Windows 10 for recording games.

It works pretty well, however is limited in options.

Really you want to get away from Fraps, its had its day and I believe it is still CPU based where as all the newer screen recording apps are GPU based.

You could use NVidia Shadow Play, needs the NVidia Experience installed and the creation of an Nvidia account which needs to be logged into to use Shadow Play (assuming you have an Nvida GFX card).

There is also OBS, a freeware screen recording solution, although the UI is not shall we say... intuative.

Personaly I trialed all the above (and a few more) and decided on the payware solution of Action!

All my late release videos are recorded with Action!

See here for examples of where Action! was used to record.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I don't record FSX, but w10 game recorder records your screen and audio. Do you need more? 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.