Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

Nice new Traffic Global feature

From the release notes:

v1.0.8916

A new feature has been added to make it easier to find out what runways are in use by Traffic Global for the AI. A new pseudo-ATC call has been added, default hotkey "End", which will use your current active radio frequency (i.e. COM1/COM2 as selected) to find the nearest airport listening on that frequency and tell you the current wind, anticipated arrival and departure runways (arrival if you are airborne, departure if you are on the ground), and will reserve and clear a parking slot for you if you are airborne. Although this is done is pseudo-ATC speech IT IS NOT A FULL ATC SYSTEM 🙂

So when approaching your destination Traffic Global will reserve a parking space for you. You can then instruct P2A to direct you to that space after landing. Pretty nice. I've only tried it a couple of times so far, but it seems to work. The usual caveat with anything having to do with ai traffic applies: it only works if the taxi routes and parking spots at the aiport are set up correctly.

1. Check your XP to see if TG has assigned the "End" key for this function. It's supposed to, but in my case it hadn't so I did it myself. Of course you can assign any key you wish.

2. The active com radio needs to be tuned to any frequency used by your destination airport..., ground, tower, approach, whatever. Presumably you should also be close enough to the airport so that it's the only one using those frequencies. I wait until I've been handed off to Approach, just to be on the safe side.

3. Press "End" (or whatever key you've assigned) and you should get a verbal and/or text message telling you the active runway and the designation of the parking spot reserved for you. You need to have "Enable text ATC messages" and/or "Enable verbal ATC messages" check on your XP sounds configuration page.

4. Click the Info button on the far right side of your P2ATC screen, then make sure it's displaying the airport you want. Click the Runways & Gates tab and in the Gates drop-down list select the parking spot you want.

It's obviously important that TG and P2ATC are "seeing" the same parking spots at your airport. I've been using P2ATC's Taxi Maint function to import the destination airport if it hasn't already been imported. This way TG and P2ATC should be in synch, so to speak. At least I think so. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sidney Schwartz said:

1. Check your XP to see if TG has assigned the "End" key for this function. It's supposed to, but in my case it hadn't so I did it myself. Of course you can assign any key you wish.

2. The active com radio needs to be tuned to any frequency used by your destination airport..., ground, tower, approach, whatever. Presumably you should also be close enough to the airport so that it's the only one using those frequencies. I wait until I've been handed off to Approach, just to be on the safe side.

3. Press "End" (or whatever key you've assigned) and you should get a verbal and/or text message telling you the active runway and the designation of the parking spot reserved for you. You need to have "Enable text ATC messages" and/or "Enable verbal ATC messages" check on your XP sounds configuration page.

4. Click the Info button on the far right side of your P2ATC screen, then make sure it's displaying the airport you want. Click the Runways & Gates tab and in the Gates drop-down list select the parking spot you want.

It's obviously important that TG and P2ATC are "seeing" the same parking spots at your airport. I've been using P2ATC's Taxi Maint function to import the destination airport if it hasn't already been imported. This way TG and P2ATC should be in synch, so to speak. At least I think so. 

Thank you so much

Cheers, Manny Ortiz