Sign in to follow this  
Darren_Beattie

P3D V4.5 Black Flickering When Panning Around Cockpit

Ive had this issue for a while and I know that many of people in P3D experience black flickering in their sim, however im not sure if im experiencing the same or a separate issue.

Whenever I pan around in the cockpit the screen will flash black for a millisecond until I release the button that is allowing me to pan using Chase plane.

If anyone has any ideas that would be amazing because this problem is serious starting to annoy me to no ends.

SPECS -

Processor - Intel i9-990l CPU @ 4.00GHZ

Memory - 16GB 

GPU - GeForce RTX 2070 Super

SSD - 500 GB / 2TB Hardrive

Windows 10

I'm having the same issue as well.   It started when I upgraded to the latest Nvidia graphic drivers.  I am going to go back to the previous version and see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, egguzman said:

I'm having the same issue as well.   It started when I upgraded to the latest Nvidia graphic drivers.  I am going to go back to the previous version and see if that fixes it.

Keep me updated and let us know the version number if it works!!

7 hours ago, Darren_Beattie said:

Keep me updated and let us know the version number if it works!!

Hello,

Well I tried something else before downgrading the drivers.  I remember when I was updating to the new Nvidia drivers I selected the option to do a clean installed and it erased my Nvidia Inspector(NI) settings.  So I had to redo them.  Once I did it came back to normal.  So I am guessing that it was Nvidia Inspector that was my issue.  I still believe it is the new drivers that could be causing it because I don't remember having this issues even with "Not" adjusting anything in NI....I'll need to do more research...I'll let you know as soon as I have some time.

13 hours ago, egguzman said:

Hello,

Well I tried something else before downgrading the drivers.  I remember when I was updating to the new Nvidia drivers I selected the option to do a clean installed and it erased my Nvidia Inspector(NI) settings.  So I had to redo them.  Once I did it came back to normal.  So I am guessing that it was Nvidia Inspector that was my issue.  I still believe it is the new drivers that could be causing it because I don't remember having this issues even with "Not" adjusting anything in NI....I'll need to do more research...I'll let you know as soon as I have some time.

So you just uninstalled your NI?

4 hours ago, Darren_Beattie said:

So you just uninstalled your NI?

I think he is saying that changing his driver put his NI settings back to default and he had to  reset them back the way he had them.

Maybe he can show us how he had them to start.  I'm getting some of this flickering also.

5 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I think he is saying that changing his driver put his NI settings back to default and he had to  reset them back the way he had them.

Maybe he can show us how he had them to start.  I'm getting some of this flickering also.

Yes, that is what I am saying.  I use Nvidia Inspector with P3D 4.5 and when I upgraded to the newest driver I selected "Clean Install" as the option which I normally never do but did this time...don't ask me why.lol  so when I did I lost all my NI settings that I had. The NI profiles setting were taken from this site below which I always have the link saved when I mess up like I did:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/nvi-w7810-driver-setup-fsx-fsxse-and-p3d-update_topic59954.html

Also, I always use the GForce Experience tool to update the drivers.  I have an EVGA GTX 1080Ti

I think that was my issues since I am not getting anymore black flickering on the Virtual Cockpit or anywhere else. 

Edited by egguzman
  • Like 2