Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAlex

Any way to generate Photoreal?

I know how to extract photoscenery tiles in FSEarth Tiles, but I do not know how to make the shape fit real world scenery. I would love to be able to do this for EGNV Teesside International in England (where I have adjusted the layout to match the Bing image), but at the moment I have a big ugly rectangle sitting on top of ORBx TrueEarth!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I know how to extract photoscenery tiles in FSEarth Tiles, but I do not know how to make the shape fit real world scenery. I would love to be able to do this for EGNV Teesside International in England (where I have adjusted the layout to match the Bing image), but at the moment I have a big ugly rectangle sitting on top of ORBx TrueEarth!!

Are you trying to produce a non-rectangular shape, Chris? If so, masking - like one does for water - would work.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I have never tried masking, so I have no idea how to do it! The shape would effectively be the boundary of the UK2000 base image for Teesside airport.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 4/27/2020 at 8:30 PM, OzWhitey said:

Always nice when you look up something on Google and it brings you back to a thread you've been posting in... 🙂

Hi CaptainAlex, sorry I missed your post the first time.Yes, I can help. What is your problem with FS Earth Tiles?

On a broader note, this topic is more relevant than ever, as Prepar3D v5 with the atmospheric rendering makes orthoscenery shine. Very clear, and color palate far less depressing than that obtained with X-plane.

I have been building North coast of Spain (around Orbx LEAS) and Florida panhandle this weekend, adding Real World Scenery to the latter.

Strangely, many simmers don't even realize that they cam easily build ortho for P3D. Everyone with X-plane knows how to do this, but the main community discussing this for FSX/Prepar3D via FS Earth Tiles was over on FSPassengers years ago.

It would be good to see more discussion of ortho creation and scenery construction in general on the P3D forum.

I haven't tried Ortho4XP_P3D yet, though I've covered most of the world with the X-plane version. Who is using this? How are you finding it? 

Its all I use and it works well, although the end result does not look as good as on Bing or Google

Jon

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.