Sign in to follow this  

QW787 +FS2020

The displays look fine on my PC. The terrain refresh rate may be slow (and I don't have a clue about the fonts), but they are far from what I would consider to be "awful".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 hours ago, simbol said:

Conversion is not going to be that quick as people think.. There is not magic button or bullet for software code or 3D design. And it is not FS2020. It MSFS, there is not official release date.

dont go telling the kids that on reddit or fselite, they suddenly think ms2020 is the magic bullet and everything is going to be patched ready to go on day one.

As ive said before id be quite happy to bet 100 bucks that in a years time there will be no decent aircraft addons a/c for ms2020 and you wont be connected to vatsim on it either.

People are suckers theyve seen some youtube videos and been suckered in to the idea that this sim is going to be the answer to all our prayers.

I remember it took 8 months or so for the fsl 320 to be moved from p3d v3 to v4 and then I remember pmdg only releasing the 747 on v4 then slowly slowly releasing the other addons to  generate some cash/sales of the 747, if you couldnt see that naughty little trick you must of been blind

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Considering the fact, that QW made you rebuy the plane at full price for P3D and not offering any kind of upgrade path, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that you will have to buy it at full price when it is released for FS2020.

Rule of thumb: addon developers will empty your pockets if you let them.

This is patently not true, and you are quite falsely maligning QW in stating that. Unlike some big developers I could name, QW in fact offered a considerable discount via a voucher at Flight 1. I bought the FSX QW 787 right when it came out so I could check it out and report on it here on Avsim. I did that because at the time of that purchase QW and Flight 1 made it absolutely clear that there would be a discount for purchasers if they subsequently bought the P3D version as well when it became available, and they were as good as their word on this. I paid about half price for the P3D version as I recall (which was a discount of about 30 quid), and if you don't believe me, here is my order page at Flight 1, showing the purchase of the P3D version when it came out and the previous FSX version I had bought:

NJt9x0T.jpg

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

QW787 is a quality aircraft and well worth what they charge for it.

Dave

Hi All,

Once again thanks for your replies, the QW seems to be the way forward!

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

"

• I already have the 787 for FSX and would like to upgrade to P3Dv4 now. Is there any discount?

The Ultimate 787 Collection for P3Dv4 is a separate purchase and we do not offer discounts.

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/topic12862_post66175.html#66

On their facebook post it says that the upgrade is within a limited time window only. Maybe that's why?

Anyway, thanks all for replying

44 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

"

• I already have the 787 for FSX and would like to upgrade to P3Dv4 now. Is there any discount?

The Ultimate 787 Collection for P3Dv4 is a separate purchase and we do not offer discounts.

Whilst it may be true now that QW do not offer a discount in this matter, at the time they were developing it, in being aware that many people were interested in a flight sim 787 and mindful of the cynical opinion of many that they'd released the FSX version first to make people desperate for a 787 buy that, then if they wanted the P3D version when that later came out, they'd be paying again for something they felt they already had bought, QW offered a discount for people who had purchased the FSX version who then went on to buy the P3D version. And they kept that offer open for about 12 months as I recall.

In reference to me mentioning that, and you picking up on it no longer being available, keep in mind what you wrote, which was: 'QW made you rebuy the plane at full price for P3D and not offering any kind of upgrade path'.

First up, using the word made as you did, implies past tense, and in the past there was a discount, so my comment was related to that. Second, QW didn't make anybody rebuy anything, purchasing anything is a personal choice, they don't put a gun to your head. Third, the P3D version is different to the FXS version, sure they share a lot of attributes, but they are not the same product, so you are not 'rebuying' it when you buy the other version. And fourth, since they did indeed offer a discount, it was incorrect of you to say they did not offer any kind of upgrade path, because they most certainly did and that is what I pointed out.

The FSX version came out almost two and a half years ago, the P3D version quite a few months later. So today and for quite some considerable time too, there is no product availability problem which might force one into a decision to buy the FSX version whilst awaiting the P3D version, as there had been at the time of the initial release. Therefore there is no real reason for QW to offer such a discount at present when there is a clear choice as to which one any person might choose to select for the base simulator they use.

I bought both, and that was my choice. Nobody forced me to do that. That I purchased the P3D version at a time when QW were magnanimous enough to offer a discount for those who may have felt that releasing the FSX version first was some kind of cash grab on their part, was commendable. They didn't have to do it at all, and to be honest, when I did buy the FSX version, they had not confirmed there would be a subsequent discount offer for the later P3D version. I correctly guessed that they might do so, but the announcement they made on that score came a few days later. So it was in the full knowledge that if I wanted to later buy the P3D version, I might indeed have had to pay the full price for both. And you know what? I would have done so too, because I did that with the FSL A320 and that was a lot more expensive, but if I think something is worth it, I will buy it and I'll buy a different version of it too if I like it a lot. But as I say, nobody forces anyone to do that kind of thing. Buying flight sim aeroplanes is a hobby choice, it's not in any way compulsory and if you feel somehow cheated on matters such as that, it is entirely your choice to feel that way and you can vote with your wallet in regard to that if you choose to do so.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

QW787 is a quality aircraft and well worth what they charge for it.

Dave

ill agree I love the 787 never had one issue with it.  not one

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

39 minutes ago, Chock said:

Whilst it may be true now that QW do not offer a discount in this matter

Stop trying to gaslight me with long paragraphs. The fact of the matter is that, for example, Aerosoft offers a generous discount if you upgrade from the FSX version to the P3D4 version of their Airbus and QW doesn't. They may have offered a disccount some time in the mythical past, but at that time I was still on FSX Steam, so that doesn't concern me. 

31 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Stop trying to gaslight me with long paragraphs.

What?! Since when did pointing out facts, or indeed anything you wrote, amount to manipulating you in any way shape or form? And how dare I use all  those words to say stuff, it's an outrage!

Grow up. You posted incorrect information and I pointed out that it was incorrect. End of.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Imho every addon developer may ask what they want ; it is up to you to decide whether or not you want to pay the price..

And : addon developers exist by the money they earn. Free upgrades that take time are nice for us but add nothing in the pocket of an addon developer.

Another flightsim another purchase.

Welcome in the world of making money to exist 💰

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

if you want to believe developers are all inherently evil

Huh, your words, not mine!

16 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The fact of the matter is that, for example, Aerosoft offers a generous discount if you upgrade from the FSX version to the P3D4 version of their Airbus and QW doesn't.

But so what though.  It's their business.  When will people understand that a license purchase for one platform doesn't not automatically mean free or discounted license for a new platform.   I would rather pay full price to worthy developers  if it ensures they stay in business and can fund new quality projects - or continual upgrades to current aircraft on the same platform for the life of the platform.

This notion that because you've paid for something once, somehow makes you entitled is ridiculous.   It's a hobby to you but it's a business for them.

If you buy a 9-iron from Wilson and next year you decide to buy another 9-Iron from Wilson, I bet you wouldn't be using that argument with them - neither would they accept it.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

The pure fact that the QW 787 cost 80$ - and if I break this down into the 100+ hours I enjoyed it - then the price is pretty low compared to all other hobbies I have.

Same goes for PDMG / FSLabs etc. Even my freaking GPU cost 10x the money of the QW bird. So even if I have to rebuy the stuff for MSFS again - I will do it.

I am in a software development department - and when I see how much effort goes into a relativ "easy task" (from your POVs) like a version upgrade of JBoss... and then think about porting the addons to MSFS - I can just lol at the "I want it for free for the new Sim" comments. Sorry.

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

If you buy a 9-iron from Wilson and next year you decide to buy another 9-Iron from Wilson, I bet you wouldn't be using that argument with them - neither would they accept it.

Here is what you're missing with your clumsy analogies: I got enticed to buy the Airbus from Aerosoft because of the discount. I decided not to rebuy the QW 787 because they don't offer a discount. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only simmer who thinks this way and puts his money where he/she detects fair and good business sense (and I'm hardly an Aerosoft fan).