Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Problem when ATC asks for destination

I file a VFR flight plan between two airports AYTK to AYOY. Then when I use the usual ready to copy VFR clearance ATC tells me to repeat with destination. Why ? I have not needed to do that before.
When I try to do so P2A don't hear what I say which is
Cessna Delta Lima Lima ready to copy VFR clearance to Alpha Yankee Oscar Yankee
mainly alpha get interpreted very strange and to something completely different and to recognized as two
What can I do ?

Just say "Cessna Delta Lima Lima ready to copy VFR clearance" or even just "Cessna Delta Lima Lima ready to copy".  The program is not expecting to hear the destination in the request, so it gets confused.

Dave

15 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Just say "Cessna Delta Lima Lima ready to copy VFR clearance" or even just "Cessna Delta Lima Lima ready to copy".  The program is not expecting to hear the destination in the request, so it gets confused.

Dave

And this does not work (like it used to) since if I do this ATC asks me to repeat with destination

Just tried it with the current version 2.6.1.1R3.

KSNA-OCN-KSAN   VFR at 3500ft.

It worked fine using Beech One Victor Bravo Ready to Copy VFR Clearance and Beech One Victor Bravo Ready to Copy.

47 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Just tried it with the current version 2.6.1.1R3.

KSNA-OCN-KSAN   VFR at 3500ft.

It worked fine using Beech One Victor Bravo Ready to Copy VFR Clearance and Beech One Victor Bravo Ready to Copy.

Just tried again with my flight plan and copy paste here from P2A

Cessna Delta Lima Lima Ready to Copy VFR Clearance;
Cessna Delta Lima Lima Say again request with destination airport.

so it does not work with my flight and it seem impossible for the program to hear the word 'to' instead it think it is 'two'

There appears to be a problem with the AYOY airport information that prevents me from being able to even File a flight plan.

Have you tried other airports. 

Dave

4 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

There appears to be a problem with the AYOY airport information that prevents me from being able to even File a flight plan.

Have you tried other airports. 

Dave

I have noticed that I am not able to file the plan. If I just say ready to copy I am told that we don't have a plan filed for you. If I say ready to copy VFR clearance I am asked for the destination. So the problem seem to be that the plan is not actually filed.

I tried another nearby airport and got the same result. But another bigger airport very far away got filed but I am not interested in making a plan to that airport