Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Cameras for P3Dv4 similar to XCamera.

Hello all,

Let me say that this topic, query is aimed at experienced XPlane11 and P3D users.

I have been using the built in camera system in XPlane and I was wondering if there is an equivalent for P3D.

What I am talking about specifically, is the system where a cockpit view is set up using the pan switch and or arrow keys and then that view can be permanently captured using "Control = Numberpad 0-9. This allows a user to set up 9 camera views inside and outside the cockpit. A camera view is recalled simply by pressing a number on the number pad corresponding to the view required. This system is extremely easy to configure and use. 

I set up cameras as follows for the Zibo 737 ...

Control 0 for a take off cockpit view,

control 1 is for normal cruising,

control 2 is for the overhead panel,

control 3 is for the throttle controls,

Control 4 is for the pedestal.,

control 5 is for left hand view out of cockpit showing also the Avitab,

control 6 is for the right hand view out of the cockpit,

Control 7/8/9 is for external aircraft views.

Xplane11 users will be very familiar with this system.

I am wondering, if it is at ll possible of course, if anyone has set up P3D in a similar manner assigning the number pad keys to camera views, without using Chaseplane or Ezdok.

If it is possible, can I please be advised about how to go about the assigning of these views.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

44 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

If it is possible, can I please be advised about how to go about the assigning of these views.

Hello Tony,

you can either use the "Views->Manage cameras" dialog in P3D and/or you need set up your camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg. In the cfg you can add the "HotKeySelect=x" tag (x goes from 1 to 10) that binds that camera definition to the camera selection events that you can assign in the controls dialog ("View camera 0-9 (select)"). Unfortunaltey selectors 1-4 are more or less hard coded by default.

There are a couple of tools out there to help with positioning the native camera system, but they are all payware I think.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

If you want to spend some money and have a few extras:

EZDok:
http://ezdok-camera.com/

Chaseplane
https://orbxdirect.com/product/p42-chaseplane

I have both a like EZDok better. 
On my system EZDok functions more stable (i.e. no crashes)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

On 3/8/2020 at 6:29 PM, NW21 said:

Tony, you might want to look at this.

https://www.aivlasoft.com/simplecam.html

Bill Roth

Not exactly clear. Is it for P3D v4.5 with HF as well. It only says 4.2 ff. Whatever that is?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I think ChasePlane is the best. It's really bang for your buck and it comes with LOADS of useful motion and replay/recording features. ( Coming from someone who bought it for only one reason not unlike you.) Trust me, once you get it you won't be able to resist!

20 hours ago, Canine Crew said:

I think ChasePlane is the best. It's really bang for your buck and it comes with LOADS of useful motion and replay/recording features. ( Coming from someone who bought it for only one reason not unlike you.) Trust me, once you get it you won't be able to resist!

Agreed.  There's no need to complicate things.  Just get chaseplane

On 3/8/2020 at 12:29 AM, Lorby_SI said:

There are a couple of tools out there to help with positioning the native camera system, but they are all payware I think.

Oliver, 

Wouldn't CameraPositionX also fit the task ?  I am reading the documentation on this now and thinking about implementing it.  thx...

Edited by joby33y
grammar

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

12 minutes ago, joby33y said:

Oliver, 

Wouldn't CameraPositionX also fit the task ?  I am reading the documentation on this now and thinking about implementing it.  thx...

Possibly. But it is payware, and there is no commercial advertising allowed in AVSIM forums.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Hello all,

I apologise for my silence in this topic over the last few days.  I have been a little busy. I am also still sorting out a few P3D add on problems following my last major and damaging power failure which took out Windows.

Please bear with me.  I note Aivlasoft simple camera has a free trial so I will investigate that in addition to Lorby Camera X which I am currently working on.  I was having  a few difficulties with CameraX but most, if not  all of those can be put down to my limited ability to understand what is actually going on with my computer and what I am doing with the programmes.

I will get back to you all as soon as possible.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.