Sign in to follow this  
webranger

Cloud Textures

So what is the latest combination these days?

I am using Active Sky for weather and Environment Force.  I had seen old posts regarding Active Sky, ASCA, Envtex and a PTA profile.

Thanks.

Duane Buck

Why would one need ASCA if you have Envtex? Don't they do the same thing? Active Sky, Environment Force and PTA have nothing to do with textures.

I myself use Sky Force 3D textures and ASP4 for weather. I like to keep it simple.

ASP4, ASCA and ENVTEX can work together to give you dynamic updates as you fly in and out of changing weather.

It's my preference.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

i use also ASP4, ASCA, REX Env and ENVTEX . But i noticed in the last weeks, that you can untick in ENVTEX Cumulus and save and next time you open ENVTEX the cumulus claouds are still enabled ?! Where is a solution for this problem?

Joachim

Regards Joachim

ASP4, ASCA and REX environment force is all i need.

Chris Howard

6 hours ago, Prisco said:

i use also ASP4, ASCA, REX Env and ENVTEX . But i noticed in the last weeks, that you can untick in ENVTEX Cumulus and save and next time you open ENVTEX the cumulus claouds are still enabled ?! Where is a solution for this problem?

Joachim

Joachim,

I'm glad there's someone else with this issue, I've been plagued with this for a while now without any solution, been liasionin with Maxime over on the Toga forum with no results of yet.

Cheers Rod.

I really hope that LM have revamped weather in V5 and include something like Truesky.  As amazing as all of these weather combos are, the 2D sprites are glaringly obvious,  especially when you pass through them

Edited by ErichB

So Envtex and Rex EF work okay together?   I had noticed with was a slider on ENVTEX for Rex EF.  Nobody using PTA with this?

Thanks

Duane Buck

On 3/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, Prisco said:

Joachim

Hello Joachim, 

This happens when ASCA integration is enabled, it automatically enables sky textures and cloud textures by design as this is the purpose of the  ASCA integration feature.

Maxime
TOGA projects

1 hour ago, webranger said:

So Envtex and Rex EF work okay together?   I had noticed with was a slider on ENVTEX for Rex EF.  Nobody using PTA with this?

Thanks

Envtex is totally compatible with both REX EF and REX SF (it also has an integration feature with REX SF). PTA is also almost completely compatible with Envtex, that being said we recommend Envshade over PTA because PTA haze and scattering tweaks are conflicting with distant special effects (and Envtex auroras are distant special effects).

Maxime
TOGA projects

7 hours ago, kmax59 said:

Envtex is totally compatible with both REX EF and REX SF (it also has an integration feature with REX SF). PTA is also almost completely compatible with Envtex, that being said we recommend Envshade over PTA because PTA haze and scattering tweaks are conflicting with distant special effects (and Envtex auroras are distant special effects).

For some reason after installing envshade, can't change from high quality to high performance on settings.

Duane Buck

On 3/8/2020 at 9:53 PM, vgbaron said:

ASP4, ASCA and ENVTEX can work together to give you dynamic updates as you fly in and out of changing weather.

It's my preference.

Vic

I second this, call the roll. 

Eric