Sign in to follow this  
Wailbal

My experience for MCE to work with Better Pushback in X-Plan

The beauty of MCE that can take the load F/O tasks, so you can enjoy flying as real as it can get.

In VR in particular, you don't want to open menus or sneak to the desktop to start pushback for example.

I use "Better Pushback"  plugin in X-Plane, which is awesome addon, but I wanted MCE to do the job for me, and I came across this, maybe some knew it before in P3D for GSX I think, but here is the way for X-Plane:

- Open MCE General tap, tap "more options" 

- Tap config file,  press ok

- Go down until you find [MECHANIC] section

-Change the value of "PushWithGSXandAES=1", save the file

Now in X-Plane, I plan the pushback before get into VR, then I ask the command to MCE "Ground are you Ready for pushback", and the Better Pushback starts. see the video @ 43:21.

What I wish:

- I think the mechanic hands over to Better Pushback and disconnect, it would be nice to still have his voice "Rotation" and saying "Ignition"

- Is there a way to disconnect Better Pushback with MCE? I do it manually  

Thanks 

13 hours ago, Wailbal said:

The beauty of MCE that can take the load F/O tasks, so you can enjoy flying as real as it can get.

In VR in particular, you don't want to open menus or sneak to the desktop to start pushback for example.

I use "Better Pushback"  plugin in X-Plane, which is awesome addon, but I wanted MCE to do the job for me, and I came across this, maybe some knew it before in P3D for GSX I think, but here is the way for X-Plane:

- Open MCE General tap, tap "more options" 

- Tap config file,  press ok

- Go down until you find [MECHANIC] section

-Change the value of "PushWithGSXandAES=1", save the file

Now in X-Plane, I plan the pushback before get into VR, then I ask the command to MCE "Ground are you Ready for pushback", and the Better Pushback starts. see the video @ 43:21.

What I wish:

- I think the mechanic hands over to Better Pushback and disconnect, it would be nice to still have his voice "Rotation" and saying "Ignition"

- Is there a way to disconnect Better Pushback with MCE? I do it manually  

Thanks 

I assume you have latest MCE for X-Plane.

Here is how you can keep Mechanic while BetterPushback is handling your aircraft.

In "General" tab of MCE user interface click <More Options>

In "advanced options" panel, enable option "Keep Mech on push" (I know, wording is poor, but it has to fit in that narrow line).

With that option enabled, Mech will hand you over to BP but will remain connected.

You do need to remember to release him with any of these commands, otherwise, you're in for a bad surprise when you try to taxi.

Ground you may leave (now)

Mechanic you may leave (now)

Mechanic will then disconnect BetterPushback automatically and disconnect himself as well.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:02 PM, FS++ said:

I assume you have latest MCE for X-Plane.

Here is how you can keep Mechanic while BetterPushback is handling your aircraft.

In "General" tab of MCE user interface click <More Options>

In "advanced options" panel, enable option "Keep Mech on push" (I know, wording is poor, but it has to fit in that narrow line).

With that option enabled, Mech will hand you over to BP but will remain connected.

You do need to remember to release him with any of these commands, otherwise, you're in for a bad surprise when you try to taxi.

Ground you may leave (now)

Mechanic you may leave (now)

Mechanic will then disconnect BetterPushback automatically and disconnect himself as well.

I tried this method many times, but failed (V1.5.0.8)

As soon as the BP starts to connect, it disconnect again, I tried many scenarios with MCE and BP even with the option "Keep Mech on push" on/off in MCE or "auto disconnect" on/off in BP, still the BP connect and disconnect, a/c not moving.

It works with "Keep Mech on push" off. but the mechanic disconnect 

I found a temporary dirty trick to fool your mechanic 😜

- I keep the option "Keep Mech on push" off

- I give the command "ground are you ready for pushback", to BP will start

- When Mech disconnect and BP start moving the plane, I ask "cockpit to ground", so the Mech is connected and he continues with BP

- At the end he disconnect by "ground you may leave" but he didn't disconnect BP, I did it manually (ran out of tricks)

Please have a look at the video with the process from startup until taxi flow, I'm sure you can spot something to enhance.

But I have two more observations :

- As you can see, I used the VOXKey to give command for JD GHD "disconnect ground services" and PFX2020 "start boarding" the voice there can it match MCE PTT voice?

- MCE flight check in the Toiliss A321 give feedback on up and down, but not left and right

Here is the video, and as usual I can't help to goof with some cinematic accelerated takeoff from Dubai 

12 hours ago, Wailbal said:

I tried this method many times, but failed (V1.5.0.8)

As soon as the BP starts to connect, it disconnect again, I tried many scenarios with MCE and BP even with the option "Keep Mech on push" on/off in MCE or "auto disconnect" on/off in BP, still the BP connect and disconnect, a/c not moving.

It works with "Keep Mech on push" off. but the mechanic disconnect 

I found a temporary dirty trick to fool your mechanic 😜

- I keep the option "Keep Mech on push" off

- I give the command "ground are you ready for pushback", to BP will start

- When Mech disconnect and BP start moving the plane, I ask "cockpit to ground", so the Mech is connected and he continues with BP

- At the end he disconnect by "ground you may leave" but he didn't disconnect BP, I did it manually (ran out of tricks)

Please have a look at the video with the process from startup until taxi flow, I'm sure you can spot something to enhance.

But I have two more observations :

- As you can see, I used the VOXKey to give command for JD GHD "disconnect ground services" and PFX2020 "start boarding" the voice there can it match MCE PTT voice?

- MCE flight check in the Toiliss A321 give feedback on up and down, but not left and right

Here is the video, and as usual I can't help to goof with some cinematic accelerated takeoff from Dubai 

There are many ways to skin a cat, therefore,  make use of Mechanic the way you see fit. Auto-disconnect BP should be looked at though.

Regarding Voxkey...

Because we can't predict which reply you want to hear, it's using default Windows TTS voice.

Go to Windows Control Panel, <speech recognition> applet.

On the left tab, click "text to speech".

Then Change from "Microsoft Dave...." to whatever other TTS voice you may have installed.