Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

P3Dv4.5 and Nvidia Drivers

In the Display settings I have 2 Nvidia GeForce drivers.  RTX 2060.0.0 and RTX 2060.0.1.  I select the 2060.0.1 which gives me a resolution of 3840x2160x32, but for some reason it keeps reverting back to the 2060.0.0 giving me a max resolution of 1920x1080x32.  I want to delete the 2060.0.0 as P3D keeps defaulting back to this driver.  Before I could select the higher resolution with no problem, but for some reason I can no longer keep that selection when starting the flight.  I have done a clean install of the latest driver, but still continue to see the old driver in P3D.  Could someone please tell me what I need to do to delete this old driver?  Thanks for your help.

Rodger

Check your prepar3d.cfg file and delete out the 2060.0.0 entries. You may also want to use DDU to clean out all drivers and reinstall the Nvidia driver. See prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=126058 for how to do this.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

And if you do have to reinstall the GPU drivers make sure you download them from TechPowerup.  Nvidia is lately trying to force their customers into using their DCH drivers, which do not include the Nvidia Control panel.  TechPowerup still offers the WHQL drivers (they're about 576MB... the DCH drivers are less than 530MB).  The driver link is on TechPowerup's front page (easy peasy! :biggrin:).

Good luck,

Greg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pgde said:

Check your prepar3d.cfg file and delete out the 2060.0.0 entries. You may also want to use DDU to clean out all drivers and reinstall the Nvidia driver. See prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=126058 for how to do this.

Hope this helps.

28 minutes ago, lownslo said:

And if you do have to reinstall the GPU drivers make sure you download them from TechPowerup.  Nvidia is lately trying to force their customers into using their DCH drivers, which do not include the Nvidia Control panel.  TechPowerup still offers the WHQL drivers (they're about 576MB... the DCH drivers are less than 530MB).  The driver link is on TechPowerup's front page (easy peasy! :biggrin:).

Good luck,

Greg

Thanks to both of you for your help.  Much appreciated.

Hello,

the two entries are one for each of two screens and not really anything to do with drivers at all. They are just the resolution settings for each screen. As fast as you delete the entries, P3D will write them back.

5 hours ago, Reader said:

Hello,

the two entries are one for each of two screens and not really anything to do with drivers at all. They are just the resolution settings for each screen. As fast as you delete the entries, P3D will write them back.

Yep, I just found that out.  The question is how do I apply the correct setting for each screen?  I don't get it.  Previously I could select the correct one and it would hold.  All of a sudden P3D started doing some crazy things and I ended up having to delete the client.msi and reinstall it.  It cleaned everything up except this monitor will not hold the correct resolution.  I have a 43" samsung tv for a monitor.  Was working well until now.  1920x1080 is blurry on this screen.

Edited by C130FE

Hello,

have you tried varying the monitor full screen resolutions in your P3D Display settings? As you have two monitors, each can be set to different resolutions but you will only see them in full screen mode. If the screen resolutions persist when in windowed mode or when not using P3D, then the settings need to be in Nvidia Inspector, where you can also set monitor resolutions for each monitor.

5 hours ago, Reader said:

Hello,

have you tried varying the monitor full screen resolutions in your P3D Display settings? As you have two monitors, each can be set to different resolutions but you will only see them in full screen mode. If the screen resolutions persist when in windowed mode or when not using P3D, then the settings need to be in Nvidia Inspector, where you can also set monitor resolutions for each monitor.

Ok, thanks.  I'll give that a try.

PGDE and lownslo, thanks for the tips.  I did use DDU and then went to TechPowerup and did a clean install and all is well.  Thanks for your help.

Rodger