Sign in to follow this  
breakinghbts

Weird Texture Flickering Issue

Wondering if anybody has any ideas. I recently had my HD crash. Replaced it, and upgraded a few components at the same time. Reinstall of P3D went smooth. spent hours installing all the add-ons, and AI. After a few tests, went to do my first flight, and I had extreme texture flickering. Odd, black triangles, and odd shaped, flickering over textures. After combing the net, tried every fix out there (shaders, CFG, full screen optimizations, shadow settings, autogen settings, etc). All to no avail. Did a uninstall/reinstall (spent hours again). No flickering this time (well some in the distance, but not too much that its bothersome). I make it thru a test flight, next time I load up P3D, Bam! texture flickering. I have no clue how to solve this issue. It only appears in the Cockpit, not in spot view, on any A/C not just PMDG/QW, also default. 

If anyone has any new ideas to try, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

My Computer:

9900k OC 5.1 H2O Cooled

32GB 3200mhz RAM

1 TB m2 Drive

2080ti

Win 10 Home

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

Found this video on YouTube. No comments on how to fix it. But at high altitude I also see this. Any help is appreciated. I'm considering a full windows install. I've never encountered this before.

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

On 3/10/2020 at 1:41 PM, breakinghbts said:

Found this video on YouTube. No comments on how to fix it. But at high altitude I also see this. Any help is appreciated. I'm considering a full windows install. I've never encountered this before.

-Tony@PVD

That’s your screen tearing?’

Looks like a flicker you get when you zoom in too far into distant objects. I don't think it can be fixed.

13 hours ago, mikeymike said:

That’s your screen tearing?’

Its not my video. But i did see that in my sim yes. 

13 hours ago, Evros said:

Looks like a flicker you get when you zoom in too far into distant objects. I don't think it can be fixed.

Thats exactly what it is. I finally found a "fix". Immersion managers keeps adding a line to my camera.cfg. i cant figure out how to prevent it yet. But before i load a scenario i have to go in and delete the line from the virtual cockpit section. 

-Tony@PVD 

Tony Moore

I'm having the same issue.  What line do you have to delete.  Just purchased 737 immersion.  That's the culprit?

Steve Giblin

I noticed this issue as well recently. Immersion Manager is the culprit and the problem lies in the cameras.cfg file, but there seems to be no permanent solution as of now.

What I do to avoid the texture flickering/flashing is to start Immersion Manager manually before launching the sim, then go to %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and open the cameras.cfg. In the Virtual Cockpit section (second from top), remove the last line "NearClipOverride = 0.15 //42 entry for Immersion Manager" which is added by Immersion Manager every time it starts. Save the file and then start your sim and everything should be back to normal. Unfortunately, this has to be done every time.

Edited by sandips1274
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for that.  Maybe i'll send a message to the developer...

Steve Giblin

On 3/20/2020 at 12:08 PM, sandips1274 said:

I noticed this issue as well recently. Immersion Manager is the culprit and the problem lies in the cameras.cfg file, but there seems to be no permanent solution as of now.

What I do to avoid the texture flickering/flashing is to start Immersion Manager manually before launching the sim, then go to %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and open the cameras.cfg. In the Virtual Cockpit section (second from top), remove the last line "NearClipOverride = 0.15 //42 entry for Immersion Manager" which is added by Immersion Manager every time it starts. Save the file and then start your sim and everything should be back to normal. Unfortunately, this has to be done every time.

That's too bad. I haven't used PercipitFX/Immersion Manager quite a long time but installed it again last week within ORBX. My fault.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Uninstalled 737NGXu Immersion, deleted camera and Prepar3d.cfg and I'm still having the flickering ground textures from the virtual cockpit.  Flashing ground textures right in front of aircraft.  Frustrating.

Steve Giblin

4 hours ago, StewCal said:

Uninstalled 737NGXu Immersion, deleted camera and Prepar3d.cfg and I'm still having the flickering ground textures from the virtual cockpit.  Flashing ground textures right in front of aircraft.  Frustrating.

Yeah i uninstalled all of the Immersion addons. Somehow it still adds that darn line. The only way around, is whats said above. Delete that line everytime you sim. Its annoying, and i dont understand why.

-Tony@PVD 

Tony Moore

I don't see that line in my camera.cfg. But after uninstalling Immersion manager and deleting the camera.cfg file and letting it rebuild, the config file comes back as camera.cfg Immersion.  There may actually be more than one config file.  I'll have to look more closely when I get home.

Steve Giblin

9 hours ago, StewCal said:

I don't see that line in my camera.cfg. But after uninstalling Immersion manager and deleting the camera.cfg file and letting it rebuild, the config file comes back as camera.cfg Immersion.  There may actually be more than one config file.  I'll have to look more closely when I get home.

I've uninstalled everything from OldProp/Parallel42 but something is still adding that line every time when running P3D. What a mess and what a lousy uninstaller. But I could kick myself because of installing it against better knowledge ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just wondering if they have fixed this...

Steve Giblin

I also have this problem like in the video posted above. I noticed it especially where the clouds meet the mountains there's this strange ugly flickering. Glad I came across this thread. I'll have a look at my cameras.cfg to see if I have this line also. We need to figure out what is causing it to add this line back in after we remove it. Perhaps something in the registry is telling it to do so? Hope we can finally squash this annoying issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU