Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Rex SkyForce 3D Update

Greetings,

I'm trying to fly a flight this evening. When I launched Rex SkyForce 3D I get a notice that states I need to update to v5.0.2020.0228 and it asks me to enter a "Beta Release Code". The program will not run without that code. Where do I get it? 

I'm pretty ticked off at Rex right now - they should have sent an email or provided a link to download the code instead of stopping the program cold.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

1 hour ago, ndflieger said:

Greetings,

I'm trying to fly a flight this evening. When I launched Rex SkyForce 3D I get a notice that states I need to update to v5.0.2020.0228 and it asks me to enter a "Beta Release Code". The program will not run without that code. Where do I get it? 

I'm pretty ticked off at Rex right now - they should have sent an email or provided a link to download the code instead of stopping the program cold.

Regards,

Scott

Same here, where do I get the code from?

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

I submitted a support ticket to Rex regarding this. Hopefully will hear something from them tomorrow.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

6 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

I submitted a support ticket to Rex regarding this. Hopefully will hear something from them tomorrow.

Regards,

Scott

Please let us know what they say

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

I noticed an update posted on sim market. They have a history of botching releases. I’m not installing it until I know it works. It sounds like it does not right now.

Start Rex SF it will take you to the update. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Tried that half a dozen times - it does not.

Edited by ndflieger
typo

Scott Cebula

The last time I updated, I received an error. I had had to download the full installer, uninstall, then reinstall full updated version in order to get the code to work. I'm afraid you might need to do the same. I've already downloaded the full installer and will soon do a full installer update.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I submitted a ticket for a new download of the application. Received the download link of the latest build within minutes. Unless I hear otherwise from the support ticket I submitted, I would  imagine that is what I'll have to do tomorrow.

Does anyone know of a SkyForce3D ini or cfg file that contains my current settings that I can save before un-installing and re-installing so I don't have to set a bunch of preferences/options again?.

Scott Cebula

Thank you. I will give that a shot later tonight or tomorrow.

Scott Cebula

Strange.

If I go to update, it tells me that my 5.0.2018.0104 is the latest version.

No mention of updating anything.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

no issues  here   ran  sf   and  brought  up  a  auto  update  installer   where  it   can  update  and  check what  rex  products  you have  since  I  got  ef  and  sf  it  said  I  had  a  update  for  sf   ran the auto update installer  and  had  no issues,   had  to put  in  my  details  again  no issues  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg